2 Posts

Atari's Centipede» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question, balance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. Can centipede player win when centipede is on top of gnome? Or is it only if centipede enters last row? Instructions imply game over when on to, as this is the rule for bugs, and centipede is defined as but, but I'm not sure if this is a error.
1b. If answer is game over, it seems to me that given the balance issues, it just makes sense to stop that and make it so that centipede must enter final row to win.
2. Speaking of balance, some simpler fixes which I haven't tried, looking for input.....( I want game to be fun with my kids, and 4 player seems too complicated for them as a way to balance.):
A. Centipede only uses card on every second turn
B. Berserk cards removed from deck
C. Fewer shrooms are placed in setup..... perhaps 2 [instead of 3] per column, or perhaps centipede player can place 2 per column and gnome can place 2 or 3, his choice
D. No shrooms can be placed by centipede player in a zone around spawn points... maybe a two by two box.....
Wondering what you all think of these ideas....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only thing I can speak on at this point is A, because no, the centipede only kills you when it gets into the home row, not when it's just above the gnome. It's one of those things you understand instantly when you've played the old game a lot (Like I have, got the Gameboy Cartridge in college), and the centipede hitting your level was like.... instant death, as you couldn't really move up to avoid it in the original game, while the bugs had to get closer, as they moved differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.