5 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: gold and black mana rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ignas Petkūnas
Lithuania
flag msg tools
If somehow you get black mana token during day(Arythea's skill) can you use it during day for example to cast a stronger effect of spell? And could you do the opposite(during night use gold mana token to use it as any colour)?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black mana is not useable during the day, so you cannot cast the stronger effect of the spell in daytime.

Gold mana is not useable during the night.

A card would have to specifically state that the black is useable during the day or gold is useable during the night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Aumann
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exception: dungeons.

"Night rules apply for this combat and Units cannot be used."

So, during the day, you can use black mana. I suspect this means you can potentially turn a black die in the source to some other color to give yourself more options later in the turn, but that's probably discussed in another thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeons are not an exception of the rule "gold/black mana can't be used during night/day", but it is a site where is always night. That means you can use black mana (and cannot use gold one), Day Sharpshooting Ranged Attack 2 (during the Day), or Ranged attack 1 (at Night) gives range attack 1, etc.

I'm also not sure what you mean by
Quote:
I suspect this means you can potentially turn a black die in the source to some other color to give yourself more options later in the turn
You can't turn a die in the source to other colors unless you have mana draw or something similar. I also don't understand the "give yourself more options later in the turn" part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignas Petkūnas
Lithuania
flag msg tools
syzygia wrote:
Dungeons are not an exception of the rule "gold/black mana can't be used during night/day", but it is a site where is always night. That means you can use black mana (and cannot use gold one), Day Sharpshooting Ranged Attack 2 (during the Day), or Ranged attack 1 (at Night) gives range attack 1, etc.

I'm also not sure what you mean by
Quote:
I suspect this means you can potentially turn a black die in the source to some other color to give yourself more options later in the turn
You can't turn a die in the source to other colors unless you have mana draw or something similar. I also don't understand the "give yourself more options later in the turn" part.
I think he meant later in the round as the dice would be rerolled. Maybe whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.