Subject: So, how to get it now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
membran .
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I usually stay away from kickstarting stuff and only recently used backerkit for the first time for the Sentinels pre-order. This weekend, I stumbled upon Thunderstone Quest and saw that I missed both kickstarter and the backerkit campaign. The description says the "championship"-tier equivalent will also hit select retailers for a short amount of time next year, but it doesn't state which retailers exactly qualify as being part of the "kick it here" program.

So I'd like some advise on how to proceed from here, as I'm somewhat new to the kickstarting board games thing. Who are the retailers going to be, and is there any way to pre-order with them? Is there any way to still lateback this thing somehow directly with the manufacturer?

Or should I just wait for it to hit retail "normally" in its base variant without all these kickstarter bells and jingles? Apparently, I'll be missing out on some higher quality wooden components and exclusive cards, which may or may not be show up in later expansions, if I understand this correctly.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there will be more information on retail options once the game has shipped to the Kickstarter backers. They are hoping to start shipping in January, so my guess is that you could expect to see it on shelves in February or March (again just a guess). Hopefully someone from AEG will stop by and provide a list of who they expect their major outlets to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dancey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Be sure you have subscribed to the Thundestone Newsletter. There will be important announcements made in it early in 2018!

Https://www.alderac.com/thunderstone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Mullen
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You can find out from your FLGS if they got some Kickstarter copies to resell. If not, AEG already announced during the KS that the game will have a proper retail release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
membran .
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies so far. Is there any concise overview what the kickstarter version will have that buyers of the retail release will miss out on? The kickstarter campaign page is just a wall of text about stretch goals and bonuses which gives the impression of a greatly diminished retail version as a consolidation prize for the people that don't religiously follow hot kickstarter board games campaigns only available for very limited amount of time. I get that some board games wouldn't get produced at all without kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dancey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We have not made any announcements about future release plans for Thunderstone Quest yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
membran .
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
rsdancey wrote:
We have not made any announcements about future release plans for Thunderstone Quest yet.

I see. Well, I have subscribed to the newsletter as suggested and will wait for any announcement next year. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jut Daron
United States
Ithaca
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan,

I just saw this and I just signed up for the newsletter.

Am I to late on any new news?????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dancey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trust us the news will be everywhere when we make the next series of Thunderstone announcements. We won't be quiet. Nothing will happen until after we've delivered the Rewards that are now in the fulfillment process through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Late reply, but, as far as I can tell from the KS page, only one quest (and a meeple) are KSE, although not being KSE doesn't guarantee the item will be available retail. I'm going to assume the non-KSE quests should be your typical retail purchases. Also, the solo/coop kit, while available as a free PnP download, was not available through the KS. And, of course, not everyone will keep the game, so there's always eBay, BGG trading, and your FLGS if they backed the project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Hassgård
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I hope this game will be supported with an expansion or two every year going forward. Also that the game+expansions we got in ks will be in store asap (like in march so i can buy it as a present to a friend whose birthday is in a month) so ppl outside of KS and bgg can see that TS is back and here to stay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.