Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Dockx
Belgium
Sint-Niklaas
flag msg tools
I definitly need more cards....

We are at lvl 4.
I draw a guardian lvl 4 but the lvl 4 deck has run out of cards, so I take a lvl 5 treasure....?

Can the enemy use the lvl 5 card, since we are only at lvl 4?

If the lvl 5 deck also ran out of usable cards... What do I attach then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Page 8:

Quote:
EXHAUSTING AND RESHUFFLING DECKS
Cards are drawn, played, and discarded during the game.
Discarded cards are set in discard piles near their respective
decks. Once a deck is exhausted, shuffle its discard pile
to create a new deck to draw from.
Guard and Treasure card piles, from Level 1 to 4, are not
reshuffled. If a player has to draw from such an exhausted
pile, he draws from the pile of the next-higher Level instead.
Level 5 Guard and Treasure piles are reshuffled normally
when exhausted, as players can’t draw from a higher Level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Aikens
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When playing in story mode, do you reshuffle all the decks after the market phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Every time you begin a quest, regardless of story or normal mode, you sort and shuffle the appropriate decks.

The only difference in Story Mode is you don't shuffle in the cards each hero is keeping between quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Boyd

Illinois
msg tools
Can I add a follow up question on this subject?

In Story mode, I don't transmute equipment because I can use the Extra Experience in Town Market Phase. What do I do if, lets say, I have all the level 2 equipment with my characters? What if the only items in the discard pile are potions or chests, I.E. Double Chests and Trap Chests?

I have been wondering this for quite a while. Normally, I draw a Level up.

Thoughts and Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well first, lets make sure we're clear about a few things in story mode. Your hypothetical scenario shouldn't really be happening often, if at all.

First of all, make sure you're observing the 6 card limit per hero when beginning a quest. That's 6 cards total, either equipped or unequipped. There's only a fixed amount of treasure tokens available per quest and while it is possible to exhaust a deck, it shouldn't be happening often.

Secondly, you can carry as much equipment out of a dungeon as you like, but each hero can only trade in ONE equipment card for XP per Town Market Phase. The turned in card gives full (not micro) XP of it's Level/2, rounded up. Likewise, you can only make one trade with the town market per hero (see pg 39 for full rules on trading equipment at the market).

At the very most, trading at the Town Market discards three cards (1 for XP, 2 for market equipment). You also generally want the cards to be the highest level possible to maximize XP and trade-in value. So hoarding the entirety of the level 2 deck has little strategic value.

But, if you're following all of the above and somehow still exhausting a deck (ignore only Luck and Trap cards, Consumables are still used during Market setup), then I'd probably say you do draw the next level up. If you run out of level 5 cards though, you're out of luck. Do NOT draw from the artifact deck to replace those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Boyd

Illinois
msg tools
Wow, I never read the Town Market Phase that way. I thought when they said Discard 1 Equipment card that was just an example, not a cap or exact description.
Understanding that now, I shouldn't hold so much Inventory so I will have a discard pile to reshuffle back in. There should be way more Transmuting than I was doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.