Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin delp
United States
Greer
SC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on when this may launch on Kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Young
United Kingdom
Camberley
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
badge
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
mbmbmbmbmb
kdelp wrote:
Any news on when this may launch on Kickstarter?

Showing JAN on website http://www.everythingepic.us/rambo-the-board-game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin delp
United States
Greer
SC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kdelp wrote:
thanks!

Yes indeed!

When we have the exact date, we'll let everyone know! For now, it's looking like 2nd or 3rd week of Jan.

Thanks!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Gheuens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can't wait to get this game and my pre-order of Big Trouble in Little China ,you guys did'n steal your names its really EPIC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Weiss
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will definitly back this game but hope the KS starts early in January. Why? Because Cool Mini or Not starts its "Hate" KS on the 16th of January and when CMON has a KS launched it is normally not so good an idea to have another boardgame KS running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewei wrote:
Will definitly back this game but hope the KS starts early in January. Why? Because Cool Mini or Not starts its "Hate" KS on the 16th of January and when CMON has a KS launched it is normally not so good an idea to have another boardgame KS running.

Thanks for the Heads-up!

We were actually planning originally to launch that very same day... however, we're considering one week later... which will put us Dead Smack in the middle of CMON and BATMAN (the minis game by the Conan guys) :O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Weiss
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the Info. If Rambo would be my KS I would definitly kick off first week of January or wait till February, when CMON and Monoliths Kickstarters are over. Really hope Your Rambo KS will be a huge success!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hello there
msg tools
mbmb
I agree.

If possible bring the KS date forward or delay until after Batman and Hate.

I have no interest in those other games but many will and so that will negatively impact Rambo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
partenopei wrote:
I agree.

If possible bring the KS date forward or delay until after Batman and Hate.

I have no interest in those other games but many will and so that will negatively impact Rambo.

Indeed, my only concern is that "there will always be a bigger fish" so to speak... meaning, there's always going to be some other Kickstarter campaign that people are looking at. Hate is quite different as is Batman, from Rambo. Starting BEFORE CMON is usually bad, because you'll get Cancellations in pledges. Starting AFTER Batman in FEB would be bad, because we've been marketing for MONTHS and MONTHS about Launching in January! --- so we'd lose out on our Pre-marketing.

My current date is looking like JAN 23rd! --- Keep posting thoughts

Thanks so much for your thoughts and support!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Weiss
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really difficult decision. Batman starts Feb 27...I predict at this time the Rambo KS will be over. Hate and Batman Gotham City Chronicles will be both Kickstarter exklusive titles...so no buying later in stores. People who like Rambo and those other two games will therefore likely jump on Hate or Batman thinking "I can buy Rambo later in my hobby store". So to push Your Rambo kickstarter there should be some really "must have" kickstarter exklusive stretch goals. Normally I am not a big friend of KS exklusives, but in this special case it is essential to draw backers.

But maybe I am totally wrong with my predictions and all 3 Kickstarters will be massively successful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewei wrote:
Really difficult decision. Batman starts Feb 27...I predict at this time the Rambo KS will be over. Hate and Batman Gotham City Chronicles will be both Kickstarter exklusive titles...so no buying later in stores. People who like Rambo and those other two games will therefore likely jump on Hate or Batman thinking "I can buy Rambo later in my hobby store". So to push Your Rambo kickstarter there should be some really "must have" kickstarter exklusive stretch goals. Normally I am not a big friend of KS exklusives, but in this special case it is essential to draw backers.

But maybe I am totally wrong with my predictions and all 3 Kickstarters will be massively successful.

Thanks for the insight!

Much appreciated!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hello there
msg tools
mbmb
it is all a crapshoot really.

i would just go ahead with your plans at this late stage.

i recently backed Okko Chronicles which i thought may struggle to fund as the ip is not that well known around the world and the KS campaign began during Joan of Arc but it did very well, so you just dont know.

if the game is good and captures peoples attention it should be fine..and Rambo is much better known than Okko!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
partenopei wrote:
it is all a crapshoot really.

i would just go ahead with your plans at this late stage.

i recently backed Okko Chronicles which i thought may struggle to fund as the ip is not that well known around the world and the KS campaign began during Joan of Arc but it did very well, so you just dont know.

if the game is good and captures peoples attention it should be fine..and Rambo is much better known than Okko!

Thanks for the kind words! We will do our best! The game is definitely a ton of fun! So, we will just have to really spread the word!

Thanks so much again!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.