Popular Tags: [View All]
Jukka
Finland
Vantaa
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I've understood that bottom parts of Enhancement Field and Flamethrower work like an aura (Tinkerer activates them, then for the rest of the round, allies have to be adjacent to the Tinkerer to get the bonus). So my questions are about enchanting the bottom part of Flamethrower.

1. If I add Strengthen to it, will it a) Work just like the Shield bonus of the card and only work when allies stay adjacent, or b) Buff adjacent allies with strengthen when the skill is used (and then they'll stay strengthened even if they move)?

2. If I add bless to it, what happens then? Surely those blesses can't work for just one round and for adjacent allies, but normally blessing self and all adjacent allies seems quite powerful.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
You cannot add anything to the bottom action of Enhancement Field, it simply doesn't have the "dot" that allows such an enhancement.
In the case of the bottom action of Flamethrower, I am less certain. For sure you would be affected by the Strengthen or Bless, but given that the Shield only applies while allies are adjacent, I'm not entirely certain if they would get hit with the buff too. My gut tells me anyone adjacent when you activate it would get the Strengthen/Bless bonus, but allies that later end adjacent would only benefit from Shield. I might be wrong though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abcbat wrote:
Okay, so I've understood that bottom parts of Enhancement Field and Flamethrower work like an aura (Tinkerer activates them, then for the rest of the round, allies have to be adjacent to the Tinkerer to get the bonus). So my questions are about enchanting the bottom part of Flamethrower.

1. If I add Strengthen to it, will it a) Work just like the Shield bonus of the card and only work when allies stay adjacent, or b) Buff adjacent allies with strengthen when the skill is used (and then they'll stay strengthened even if they move)?

2. If I add bless to it, what happens then? Surely those blesses can't work for just one round and for adjacent allies, but normally blessing self and all adjacent allies seems quite powerful.

Thanks!

1. If you enhanced the bottom of flamethrower with strengthen then played the card, it would immediately strengthen any adjacent allies at the time of playing the action. If they moved away they would lose the aura but keep strengthen as that goes away at the end of their next turn.

If any allies later on in that turn, moved adjacent, they would gain the aura but not gain strengthen.

2. Bless would be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka
Finland
Vantaa
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meziemer wrote:
1. If you enhanced the bottom of flamethrower with strengthen then played the card, it would immediately strengthen any adjacent allies at the time of playing the action. If they moved away they would lose the aura but keep strengthen as that goes away at the end of their next turn.

If any allies later on in that turn, moved adjacent, they would gain the aura but not gain strengthen.

2. Bless would be the same.

So it's option B to both. This is pretty much how I would play it also, but one could argue that Flamethrower only affects the user and then expands the shield to adjacent hexes (therefore only targeting the caster and giving only him bless or strengthen when enhanced).

On the other hand, adding the strengthen sticker to the card turns the card into

Shield 1, Strengthen
Affect self and all adjacent allies

so again, one could argue that the strengthen works exactly like the shield (only when allies are adjacent). Then again, with bless this would be really confusing.

This whole aura-thing seems to be quite confusing. It was one of the only cards I've played wrong so far (at first I thought it just gives normal shield to all adjacent allies for the rest of the round and then it doesn't matter if they move further away).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.