14 Posts

Gaia Project» Forums » Rules

Subject: Automa Factions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
Out of curiosity does anyone know the reason only half the factions can be used for the Automa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe because they hadn’t enough time to test all.
I would be really interested in Ideas for the other seven though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
I believe because they hadn’t enough time to test all.
I would be really interested in Ideas for the other seven though

Correct, not enough time to test the other 7 factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. Any idea if there are plans to release for the other 7?

More important question, in Scythe I've got decks to run with up to 6 Automa. Is there anything preventing me from running with more than 1 Automa other than a lack of additional decks or is it designed for just a single Automa? Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I‘ce Already played with 2 and 3 Automas one game each.
So far everything worked fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed. There was just not enough time to get 7 more factions playtested properly.
I played a lot against 2 Automas lately and despite the additional workload and that you need a second deck, it works pretty well.
- You need to randomize the first roundbooster taken by the first Automa during setup somehow (roll d6).
- An Automa will consider you and the other Automa as opponents. Actually anytime it says „you“ or „your“ read it as „you and the Automa who‘s turn it not is atm“.
- some other slight little wording changes, but they are mostly obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Any idea if there are plans to release for the other 7?

Not as far as I know. Maybe for an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks again for all the responses. I suppose considering all of that it is likely an app or web app will be created by a fan to cover additional Automa decks as what happened with Scythe though I am hopeful Gaia Project will blow up half as much as Scythe and encourage Automa Factory or Zman(whoever controls production of this part) to make them available as I'd definitely prefer some in hand.

Print and play would be a decent option as well if the files are floating around anywhere.

So far this game is awesome but with its 'weight' it'll probably see even less action with groups than Scythe so anything I can do to max out my solo experience is a plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:

- You need to randomize the first roundbooster taken by the first Automa during setup somehow (roll d6).

Just use a random card and use the same method like taking a tech step or power action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:

There are no plans at the moment. We'd love to see the other 7 released at some point. They need some polish and playtesting. If/when we find the time to do that, we'll see what options we have for release. Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the important thing is that I can play all 14 factions against multiple automa strategies. I think seven is plenty, and mimicking some of the remaining factions, especially Der Schwarm and Mad Androids (for the victims of the English translator: look up their ugly English names here), would be pretty hard to do anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
feartheclown wrote:

Not as far as I know. Maybe for an expansion.

DocCool wrote:
For me, the important thing is that I can play all 14 factions against multiple automa strategies. I think seven is plenty, and mimicking some of the remaining factions, especially Der Schwarm and Mad Androids (for the victims of the English translator: look up their ugly English names here), would be pretty hard to do anyway.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:
Thanks again for all the responses. I suppose considering all of that it is likely an app or web app will be created by a fan to cover additional Automa decks as what happened with Scythe though I am hopeful Gaia Project will blow up half as much as Scythe and encourage Automa Factory or Zman(whoever controls production of this part) to make them available as I'd definitely prefer some in hand.

We at Automa Factory do not do any production ourselves. We just deliver files to Feuerland Spiele and they and their partners take it from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
feartheclown wrote:

We at Automa Factory do not do any production ourselves. We just deliver files to Feuerland Spiele and they and their partners take it from there.

We'd love to see and app or extra decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.