Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan. Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb

I used to have some software installed on my old PC that allowed me to import my BGG collection and run filters on it to help manage my collection but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to and if so could you please point me to it so I can download it again?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
yesbryn wrote:

I used to have some software installed on my old PC that allowed me to import my BGG collection and run filters on it to help manage my collection but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to and if so could you please point me to it so I can download it again?

Thanks in advance.

You can download your collection as a .csv file (comma separated variable). Typically you'd view that in a spreadsheet (e.g. Excel), but pretty much any data management program you've got should be able to import it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
^ What he said. Go to Collection view and look for "Download board games: (all | owned) | Permalink" at the top right. Right above the column headings.

I really wish it was a 2way street. So you could DL, edit offline at leisure, bulk edit, whatever, and not have to make changes one at a time online at BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Schwanewede
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used gcstar with module by zombiepg I think he was called. Very nice guy, optimized the download of facts on bgg.

Nowadays I just use the bggapp for android. Quite good and i started logging plays because of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Schwanewede
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original was linux i think, but there was a Windows port.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alazṓn Theatre
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Meoww
mbmbmbmbmb

Was it "What to Play?"

WhatToPlay Deluxe: A NEW Version of the Downloadable Game Selection Tool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aesthetocyst wrote:
I really wish it was a 2way street. So you could DL, edit offline at leisure, bulk edit, whatever, and not have to make changes one at a time online at BGG.

I am curious as to what you would "bulk" edit as I cannot think of anything I would change across all my games ... unless a lot disappeared all at once and I wanted to make them "unowned". soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
aesthetocyst wrote:

I am curious as to what you would "bulk" edit as I cannot think of anything I would change across all my games ... unless a lot disappeared all at once and I wanted to make them "unowned". soblue

Ha!

Im thinking of find/replaces. Location codes, various stock comments i use, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan. Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
Fennic wrote:

Yes! Thank you that is what I was trying to remember. Have a tip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.