CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
Alpha pedant
mbmbmbmbmb
Just starting to get my head around this game and so am trying to clarify things for myself.

First, I notice that on the "search" table you can roll a "Eureka" and get 2 treasures. I assume this applies even if there is only 1 gem at that location, yes?

Second, if the game ends up actually putting 2 gems at a location, when you do a search I assume you only remove one of them, leaving one still there for further searches, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twisk of the Blue Feathers
United States
flag msg tools
My name is Twisker, and I am a baby parrotlet.
badge
For no discernible reason, I like hanging trapeze-like in towel folds.
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
Just starting to get my head around this game and so am trying to clarify things for myself.

First, I notice that on the "search" table you can roll a "Eureka" and get 2 treasures. I assume this applies even if there is only 1 gem at that location, yes?

Second, if the game ends up actually putting 2 gems at a location, when you do a search I assume you only remove one of them, leaving one still there for further searches, yes?

A "Eureka" means you get two treasures from the cup, and you remove the single gem that is on that ocean.

You never put more than one gem on an ocean. If you are directed to put another one there, it may say to follow the usual procedure (which means place it on an adjacent ocean if that one already has a gem, or else lose it if all adjacent oceans already have a gem) or not (in which case you don't place one at all if that ocean already has a gem).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
Alpha pedant
mbmbmbmbmb
chuft wrote:
skutsch wrote:

A "Eureka" means you get two treasures from the cup, and you remove the single gem that is on that ocean.

You never put more than one gem on an ocean. If you are directed to put another one there, it may say to follow the usual procedure (which means place it on an adjacent ocean if that one already has a gem, or else lose it if all adjacent oceans already have a gem) or not (in which case you don't place one at all if that ocean already has a gem).

Got it! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.