Subject: Chicken Feed and Fluffy Pillows -- Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Import/Export today for the first time (2-player), and it was very, very good. We are looking forward to playing again!
(We also own Mottainai -- which I like, my partner doesn't -- but we both like Import/Export more.)

However, there is one thing that is slightly exasperating: At the end of the rule book, all card powers are listed -- but instead of offering further explanation, they are merely repeated almost as written on the card!

The two we were most unsure about:
- Chicken Feed: How exactly does it work? The player who completed that contract still gets their money for shipping, even if someone else buys the Chicken Feed, right? What if more than one person wants to buy it; who gets priority?
The reason one might want to buy it at all is to have more shipments early at the start of the game when slots are tight, right?
- Fluffy Pillows: Does Fluffy Pillows count towards its own ability? In our case, it turned out to not make a difference, but it could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, thanks for grabbing a copy of Import/Export and playing, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it!

Let me get to your questions:

Chicken Feed - The player will receive their credits from the bank for shipping the contract as normal, and then if any other players want to buy it they can speak up (first come first serve). If two players speak up at the exact same time, it will be determined by a coin toss. The reason for buying this shipment would simply be to expand your Harbor limit on Goods and Imports.

Fluffly Pillows - It will not apply to itself, you will only count the number of shipments you have at the time of it completing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks, Jordan!

And thanks for making this cool game -- more people should buy and play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.