Dinosaur Island» Forums » General

Subject: Where are the objective cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I decided to check out the game on Tabletopia to see if it was a game that I might like. But I don't see the objective cards anywhere (unless I'm totally missing them). I see End Game cards that look like objectives but that's about it. Did something change? Maybe the rules I have downloaded are out of date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the Objective cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
verballyinsane wrote:

Thanks. I wasn't sure because there are only 8 of them or so but the rules suggest that there should be a lot more. Maybe it's because the Tabletopia app only deals what's necessary. I'm used to TTS where all the cards are usually made available so you can set up the game anyway you like.

Do you know if there's a final rulebook on line that explains how to work with the end game cards? The rules I have refer to the objective cards which are individually labeled with short game, medium game, and long game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
verballyinsane wrote:

Thanks. I wasn't sure because there are only 8 of them or so but the rules suggest that there should be a lot more. Maybe it's because the Tabletopia app only deals what's necessary. I'm used to TTS where all the cards are usually made available so you can set up the game anyway you like.

Do you know if there's a final rulebook on line that explains how to work with the end game cards? The rules I have refer to the objective cards which are individually labeled with short game, medium game, and long game.

Are you talking about solo play objectives or multiplayer objectives?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
scoresfilm wrote:
schnel wrote:
verballyinsane wrote:

Multi-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
scoresfilm wrote:
schnel wrote:
verballyinsane wrote:

Multi-player.

There are 13 objective cards for each type of game - short, medium, long - for a total of 39 objectives. They have not been updated on Tabletopia because of issues with Tabletopia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
scoresfilm wrote:
schnel wrote:
scoresfilm wrote:
schnel wrote:
verballyinsane wrote:

Multi-player.

There are 13 objective cards for each type of game - short, medium, long - for a total of 39 objectives. They have not been updated on Tabletopia because of issues with Tabletopia.

Oh. Does that suggest I won't get an accurate portrayal of the game by playing it on Tabletopia? Or will I just miss out on a minor aspect of it? I'd hate to come away with a negative opinion of the game is I were being exposed to a false representation of how it actually plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
scoresfilm wrote:
schnel wrote:
scoresfilm wrote:
schnel wrote:
verballyinsane wrote:

Multi-player.

Oh. Does that suggest I won't get an accurate portrayal of the game by playing it on Tabletopia? Or will I just miss out on a minor aspect of it? I'd hate to come away with a negative opinion of the game is I were being exposed to a false representation of how it actually plays.

i think you can get a decent taste of how the game plays, but all the different objectives can definitely influence strategy and how you decide to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thanks. Do you know if there are other differences as well? Have you played the game on Tabletopia or do you just own it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian's one of the designers of the game, and he was playing it on Tabletopia during the kickstarter. I believe they made balance changes after the Kickstarter ended so the Tabletopia version is an old one, which is representative of the game in multi-player but is not exactly the same as the final one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Oh, my bad. I should have checked up on the designers' names first.
Sounds like it's best if I street clear of the online versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.