Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Picking up stocking stuffers at the chain Five Below for the kids today and I saw a pile of copies of the expansion Arena of the Planeswalkers: Shadows over Innistrad for $5. I dont know anything about it but after looking it up I think I may go back and pick up a copy or two just for its bits as my kids are starting some D&D rpg play.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/203204/magic-gathering-a...
++++++++++
I checked the video reviews. If it is still at this price when I go back tomorrow I am going to pick it up as well as the base game off amazon.

https://www.fivebelow.com/magic-the-gathering-reg-arena-of-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's well worth $5. I just picked one up at Walmart for $10.

If you've played Heroscape then you'll already familiar with most of the game. If you've not, the MtG miniature game is the miniature battle version of the card game. You are a planeswalker summoning creatures to fight with you and slinging magic spells in an attempt to eliminate your planeswalker opponent.

It's a great entry level wargame played on a hex terrian grid. Lots of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben burge
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They also had the original Arena of the Planeswalkers at my area 5 below. It is bugging me they don't have Zendikar but Amazon does have it for $5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Steffen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
This is great, but I don't actually see the store it's selling at for this price? Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Rodriguez
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Seriously, I have a problem...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roshampoe wrote:
This is great, but I don't actually see the store it's selling at for this price? Am I missing something?

Five Below is a chain of stores that sell products for $5 or less, hence the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Owasso
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
New Troll Here!
badge
Stay away from the Voodoo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Roshampoe wrote:

It's basically the stepping stone between Dollar General and Big Lots. Hence, no online shopping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fivebelow.com/magic-the-gathering-reg-arena-of-t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Raikoichi wrote:
Roshampoe wrote:

Five Below is a chain of stores that sell products for $5 or less, hence the name.

Ooops, sorry for the partial report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.