Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
I don't think he would like that.
badge
"A single action or event is interesting, not because it is explainable, but because it is true." - Goethe
mbmbmbmbmb
The situation: orange has built across Parcel J3 twice, and now wants to deliver the passenger from Residential to Luxury by moving over J3 twice. Can they?

Answer: yes, orange may deliver from R to L, moving across Parcel J3 twice.

Although the rulebook states that "a Passenger cannot cross the same building/Parcel twice" (p. 8), links built over a Parcel are treated as though they were built over regular board spaces. Therefore, moving a passenger along track built through a Parcel does not count as crossing that Parcel twice. (source)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, when you build rail through your parcel, it is no longer a parcel until you build a building to replace the rail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
badge
"A single action or event is interesting, not because it is explainable, but because it is true." - Goethe
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
Yeah, when you build rail through your parcel, it is no longer a parcel until you build a building to replace the rail.

Right, it does say in the last example on p. 9, "Note that because a Rail has been built through Parcel F2, it is no longer a Destination, so the Passenger cannot stop there." However, other examples with Rail built through Parcels do not have this note (p. 6, p. 7).

Moreover, the text at the top of page 12 suggests that perhaps only building a Building on a Parcel makes it no longer a Parcel: "As long as a Parcel space is still a Parcel space (i.e. not yet a Building), you must play the Parcel Number Action Icon in order to do any of the following..."

I suppose a follow-up clarification may be necessary (unless this has been addressed in a previous thread?): Can a Parcel be a Destination for one Link and a pass-over space for a Link in a different direction? (Say, if one of the straight Links over Parcel J3 had not been built in the initial example in this thread.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mymil wrote:
zefquaavius wrote:

Right, it does say in the last example on p. 9, "Note that because a Rail has been built through Parcel F2, it is no longer a Destination, so the Passenger cannot stop there." However, other examples with Rail built through Parcels do not have this note (p. 6, p. 7).

Moreover, the text at the top of page 12 suggests that perhaps only building a Building on a Parcel makes it no longer a Parcel: "As long as a Parcel space is still a Parcel space (i.e. not yet a Building), you must play the Parcel Number Action Icon in order to do any of the following..."

I suppose a follow-up clarification may be necessary (unless this has been addressed in a previous thread?): Can a Parcel be a Destination for one Link and a pass-over space for a Link in a different direction? (Say, if one of the straight Links over Parcel J3 had not been built in the initial example in this thread.)

laugh You're a rules lawyer after my own heart, Joe.

No, if you have a train going through the middle of your parcel, it's not a destination any longer. You need to replace the rail with an edifice to convince people to check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems quite useless to place the orange crossroads over the parcel J3? Ok, you earn two more dollars, but you also give away 2HP? (4 instead of 6)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GarfieldKlon wrote:
So it seems quite useless to place the orange crossroads over the parcel J3? Ok, you earn two more dollars, but you also give away 2HP? (4 instead of 6)

It's certainly not a situation I would shoot for, but maybe Orange keeps needing that parcel card for something else and/or has not drawn it, and needed the links completed now, now, now (for example, one may have been incomplete from last round, and Orange needed to work on it this round). In any case, at least this is one way the links can be made, and passengers can be transported.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My goal was to build on that parcel to convert 2 links to 4 with fewer actions. I didn't take a picture, but I accomplished it during a later round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it. Thanks for the insight, Joe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.