Popular Tags: [View All]
tito kiza
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

In the new 500th Anniversary rules, Scottish units must winter in either Stirling or Edinburgh.
In our game, England controls Edinburgh. After Scotts Raid event, there are now 6 scottish regulars at Stirling.
Should we eliminate two of them during winter phase to fulfill the 4-unit maximum in fortified space?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Stack away. Note that minor power keys are basically treated as capitals with unlimited stacking for minor power units, as per the first bullet of Step 2 of the Land Unit Return Home Procedure:

2. Return Units: Now review all land units in unfortified spaces
and in fortified spaces not controlled by their major power. These
units must either:
Return to their home capital (or minor key for minor power units),
or
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tito kiza
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer

PS: I am waiting to receive my copy of 500th Anniversary Edition to introduce my kid (14yo) into the game and hopefully reduce his time in front of a screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

titokiza wrote:
I am waiting to receive my copy of 500th Anniversary Edition to introduce my kid (14yo) into the game and hopefully reduce his time in front of a screen.
~ hope your plan works... if Here I Stand gives your family something positive to do together, please let us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ed Beach wrote:
Stack away. Note that minor power keys are basically treated as capitals with unlimited stacking for minor power units, as per the first bullet of Step 2 of the Land Unit Return Home Procedure:

units must either:
or

Is this also true for Stirling (as in the original question)? Stirling is a fortress, not a key. While Edinburgh should be able to hold six units, it seems unusual that Stirling would be exempt from the usual stacking limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davidson
United States
Orland Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not Sure wrote:
Ed Beach wrote:

units must either:
or

Is this also true for Stirling (as in the original question)? Stirling is a fortress, not a key. While Edinburgh should be able to hold six units, it seems unusual that Stirling would be exempt from the usual stacking limit.

It is IN the new ruleset:

4. SCOTTISH UNITS: Scottish land units must winter in either Edinburgh
or Stirling. Scottish land units may return to either of these
two spaces as if they were each a minor power key. Any Scottish
land units that cannot return to one of these two spaces (because
they are under enemy control) are eliminated

So, that should answer that question I hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
What an annoying kludge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up question:

2 Scottish Regulars and 2 French Mercs in Stirling.
4 Scottish Regulars in Glasgow.

From a literal following of procedure in 19.3, I'd first check the stacking limits in Stirling (fine, so the Mercs can stay).
Now, the 4 Scots have to return to Stirling (fine, as it is treated as a minor power key and can hold unlimited Scotsmen).

While this follows all the rules, it still seems unintended to me that the French Mercs can stay in Stirling with 6 Scotsmen.

Ruling please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.