11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Please help me identify this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: hivemind [+] [View All]
Vicki Hobbs
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm new to posting, so apologies if I do anything wrong. I've been using this site for recommendations for a while and so glad I found it. My bank balance is enjoying the discovery less though...! I've actually been really surprised with what counts as gaming - I have always always loved board games, throughout my childhood; and into adulthood I get them out at any feasible social gathering. My 8 year old also loves playing so it's our treat when the younger ones have gone to bed. But I thought to be considered a 'gamer', you had to play all the epic games that take hours. I'm glad to see you're all inclusive here!

Anyway, sorry for the long intro. I've had this game on the shelf for years - I picked it up from a charity shop but have never worked out what it is - can anyone help? It looks to me like a shrunken Chinese chequers - there are four counters of each colour, and it looks like you have to get them from your four home spaces to the opponent's home spaces. Would love to know how to mover the pieces but I don't know what else to Google to find the name of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Uglum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like some sort of Junior Backgammon. But yeah, I have no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Never seen this before. No title on the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicki Hobbs
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
No rules. No box. You can't really tell from the picture but it's sort of a 1 inch deep wooden tray, with the playing board level with the edge of the tray, and two wells for the pieces to be stored. It's very solid and heavy. Not that any of that makes a difference to game play, it just points me to a more traditional backgammon/9 mens morris type game rather than something more modern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reymann
United States
Barberton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might have luck posting that on the Abstract Games subforum:
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/743500/abstract-games/genera...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicki Hobbs
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
HexNash wrote:
You might have luck posting that on the Abstract Games subforum:
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/743500/abstract-games/genera...

Thank you, I'll do that tomorrow. Off to bed now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DigitalMan
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
Oska

https://tametheboardgame.com/2014/01/20/oska/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicki Hobbs
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
DigitalMan wrote:

Oh my goodness! THANK YOU! Thank you so much!!! I can't tell you how much it has annoyed me not knowing how to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Vickivixen wrote:
DigitalMan wrote:

Oh my goodness! THANK YOU! Thank you so much!!! I can't tell you how much it has annoyed me not knowing how to play!

Without rules, I'd definitely make a flicking game out of those bits.

With rules I'd probably do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicki Hobbs
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Highland Cow wrote:
Vickivixen wrote:
DigitalMan wrote:

Without rules, I'd definitely make a flicking game out of those bits.

With rules I'd probably do the same.

Haha brilliant. I LOVE Crokinole - my parents have a big wooden set that I pull out every time I go round, and I've just bought my friend a smaller plastic version for Christmas which I hope is still good. My parents are getting Pitchcar for Christmas - never even heard of it before seeing it on here (I'm from the uk)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
You really should get an avatar......happy holidays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.