Subject: Our table rules... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Barkley
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We have recently implemented two rules that really have made the game more engaging and thought I would share.

The first rules we made because we always seem to end up with 4 players and 8 survivors. We had long wait times when each person would activate both of their survivors one after the other. We tend to try and split the party into two groups with one survivor from each player in each group. We then handle each group one at a time allowing each player to activate their survivor in that group. This means that each player is never waiting for more then 3 other survivor to activate.

We have recently added Deadeye's, Crowz, and NPC's to our games. We have added all the necromancers and abominations. We find this challenging and pretty deadly. A simple change that really seemed to make a big difference was having food and water equipment cards heal one point of damage instead of XP.

Happy gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Alvarez
United States
Sellersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abstracter wrote:
A simple change that really seemed to make a big difference was having food and water equipment cards heal one point of damage instead of XP.

That is a great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, 8 is a lot of survivors.

Do you increase the activations too? Say after 4 heros move to the zombie phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Barkley
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We add an additional spawn marker putting us one closer to the "6 and you lose mark".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Playing with 8 survivors increases the spawn point limit to 7. (p.37)

I agree that 8 is a lot. I've found that adding more survivors decreases difficulty while increasing the length of an already long game. I've recently been enjoying the 4 survivor quests on the Zombicide website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Barkley
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We played the new Helping Zasta Slaus mission. We played with 4 survivors and it took 4 hrs not the 90min listed. We lost with only a few more gifts being sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.