Risk (Revised Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adding Reinforcements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L K
Ireland
flag msg tools
Hi

Just want to clarify an area of the game. Can I take over a territory, move on to another attack and then decide to add reinforcements to the original takeover. For example:

If I attack Mongolia from China and win. Then I move on to attack Peru from Brazil, can I then decide to go back and add reinforcements from China to Mongolia. This is completely separate from the manouvering of troops at the end of your turn. Cause of major row at the moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad McCoy
United States
Vilonia
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Reinforcing is part of winning the battle. Once you begin another battle, the reinforcement phase of the previous battle is over.

However, you do have one free move at the end of your turn which you could use to do this.

Moving troops into a new territory is usually called "reinforcing." The free move at the end of your turn is called, "fortifying."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los 28
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The post/comment above is correct.
You can not go back and re-shuffle or maneuver troops around, regarding a territory(s) you captured during your turn.
When you win and take-over a territory, you must decide right-there-and-then, how many troops to move-in to the newly captured territory.

And remember, if you threw (for example) 3 dice on your last toss to eliminate the opposing army and win the territory, then you MUST move-in at least 3 troops into the newly captured territory. You can move-in more than 3, but it must be at least 3.
If you tossed just 2 dice when eliminating the other army, the minimum is 2. If you threw just 1 die, the minimum is 1.
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.