Bryce Christiansen
United States
Mesa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey folks,

I'm picking up all of the packs for the Dunwich Cycle. Is it best to pull out all of the character cards at the beginning? Or should I only play with what's available in the current scenario I'm playing?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All in, you want the entire pool at your disposal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
bryceandcallie wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm picking up all of the packs for the Dunwich Cycle. Is it best to pull out all of the character cards at the beginning? Or should I only play with what's available in the current scenario I'm playing?

Thanks.

You can use all the charactor and player cards immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally personal choice. I have one friends who's strict that he only uses the cards that have been made by that scenario. But that's his choice; there's really no good reason you have to. And the game will be more interesting and rich if you use them all at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Cullum
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mat628 wrote:
Totally personal choice. I have one friends who's strict that he only uses the cards that have been made by that scenario. But that's his choice; there's really no good reason you have to. And the game will be more interesting and rich if you use them all at once.

I did that too - started the Dunwich cycle with only the base set and the cards in the Dunwich Expansion and then added in cards as I progressed to mimic the episodic nature of buying the mythos packs as they came out. It was fun.

Second time through I pulled from the entire pool from the start.

I'll probably do the same for the Carcosa cards too once I finish my second Dunwich campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbcmayhem wrote:
bryceandcallie wrote:
Hey folks,

Thanks.

Single most asked question in here, right next to "do I really need a 2nd core". snore

Single worst response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmo Bertino
United States
New Albany
Ohio
flag msg tools
nbcmayhem wrote:
Mat628 wrote:
nbcmayhem wrote:
bryceandcallie wrote:
Hey folks,

Thanks.

Single most asked question in here, right next to "do I really need a 2nd core". snore

Single worst response.

I'd rather have people do a short search, than triggering subscriptions for questions answered 100 times over.

If you don't want to actually give a useful answer, why do you bother to respond at all? Just to act superior?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbcmayhem wrote:

I think "Am I missing card 117?" is way up there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a couple of weeks, there are going to be many redundant questions, as we get a bunch of new players who received this game for Christmas. I hope this group can hold it together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbcmayhem wrote:
topper48 wrote:
nbcmayhem wrote:
Mat628 wrote:
nbcmayhem wrote:
bryceandcallie wrote:
Hey folks,

Thanks.

Single worst response.

I'd rather have people do a short search, than triggering subscriptions for questions answered 100 times over.

If you don't want to actually give a useful answer, why do you bother to respond at all? Just to act superior?

Yes I’m solely here for feeling superior, thanks for noticing. I never wanted to make a point about people not using the search to find a dozen other more elaborate threads on the topic than this one. And thanks for not starting a drama with a new account you just created.

You did neglect to recommend the search function in your post, leaving out the only useful part of your reaction. But two wrongs and all that, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can think of one good reason to only use them as you go the first time through: Strange Solution. Not knowing how that's going to play out adds some extra suspense to your first campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbcmayhem wrote:
Yes I’m solely here for feeling superior, thanks for noticing. I never wanted to make a point about people not using the search to find a dozen other more elaborate threads on the topic than this one. And thanks for not starting a drama with a new account you just created.

You can do the search and paste in the links. And make your point and still not be rude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nbcmayhem wrote:
bryceandcallie wrote:
Hey folks,

Thanks.

I just did a quick search of most useless answers. Shocking enough your response appeared. Go figure.

Perhaps the response had some validity until the snore then you added your superior mentality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
I hope this group can hold it together.

We'll all be singing "All I want for xmas is my lobotomy".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.