Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Cards to keep from my 2nd core set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the base game and the Dunwich cycle. I’ve been reading posts about only certain cards from the second core set are needed, the rest are duplicates that are unnecessary.

In the interest of not needing to sleeve everything from the second core.

I assume I need to keep all the player cards, minus the five character specific ones (Wendy’s amulet, Skids’ On the Lam, etc)

Do I need a second copy of Lita? How about all the basic weaknesses? I think I read only 1 set from one core.


Basically, is there a list of all the must-have cards I need to keep from my second core?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
Only keep the player cards for deck-building which is anything in an investigator color including the neutral cards.

You only need one lita.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Montgomery
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
DarthBane99 wrote:
Basically, is there a list of all the must-have cards I need to keep from my second core?


To prevent the core cards from starting to show wear (and therefore be identifiable from non-core cards), I rotate through the encounter cards in the second core (e.g., I have two sets of rats and pick one set at random when I need to include a rat set). They will still get more wear over the long run, but this cuts down the extra wear by a factor of 2. (However, it might be just as easy to just resleeve when they start being identifiable from wear).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only keep the player cards (I have the duplicate other cards all in a emergency deck sealed by Hugo's tape).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I built 3 complete scenarios all at once with my extra cards. Useful when you're running the core campaign on repeat, or demoing the game for new people. I think there are about 60 unused cards between my cores (spare investigators and their unique gear, a few encounter sets and weaknesses).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Panzerbjørn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
eeyogre wrote:
DarthBane99 wrote:
Basically, is there a list of all the must-have cards I need to keep from my second core?


To prevent the core cards from starting to show wear (and therefore be identifiable from non-core cards), I rotate through the encounter cards in the second core (e.g., I have two sets of rats and pick one set at random when I need to include a rat set). They will still get more wear over the long run, but this cuts down the extra wear by a factor of 2. (However, it might be just as easy to just resleeve when they start being identifiable from wear).


Alternatively, sleeve the cards when you use them and leave them in the sleeves. That way they shouldn't get worn...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Comstock
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the “[investigator name here] deck only” cards, like Roland’s .38 Special? Seems like I could have two of those in a Roland deck, one that counts as part of the 30, and one that doesn’t (because it is listed as a required card).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
popmon wrote:
What about the “[investigator name here] deck only” cards, like Roland’s .38 Special? Seems like I could have two of those in a Roland deck, one that counts as part of the 30, and one that doesn’t (because it is listed as a required card).


You cannot include more than 1 copy of each signature card in an investigator's deck.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Morton
Australia
Penshurst
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
popmon wrote:
What about the “[investigator name here] deck only” cards, like Roland’s .38 Special? Seems like I could have two of those in a Roland deck, one that counts as part of the 30, and one that doesn’t (because it is listed as a required card).


You cannot include more than 1 copy of each signature card in an investigator's deck.


Page 20 reference book, no more than one instance of unique (*) in play at any given time.

You can have a second copy in your deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
popmon wrote:
What about the “[investigator name here] deck only” cards, like Roland’s .38 Special? Seems like I could have two of those in a Roland deck, one that counts as part of the 30, and one that doesn’t (because it is listed as a required card).


Roland's gun has no level, so it's not a level 0-5 card and cannot be included as 'part of the 30'.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.