3 Posts

Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck» Forums » General

Subject: Potential buy - couple questions though rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Digital Blaine
msg tools
mbmb
How long is a single session? I know it’s a campaign but can I save my progress so I can break this up into small chunks?

Lastly, how would you compare this to One Deck Dungeon? I’ve played ODD and Star Realms 2 player for reference.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A single session isn't that much longer than a game of Star Realms. The longest part is the setup and resets. The campaign doesn't have to be played all at once. It is very possible to save your progress and play in chunks.

There are no dice as the game is completely card based, but I'm guessing you already knew that. One Deck Dungeon takes longer to play. It basically plays a whole lot like Star Realms with a few things thrown in. If you played the Star Realms app and played the campaign on it, I'd say there is definitely some similarities.

I enjoy the game a bit, but was expecting more. Perhaps after a couple more expansions, I can give it a better endorsement. As is because I'm already heavily invested in Star Realms, I'm not very impressed with what has been released for Hero Realms thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Hilk
msg tools
mb
As Austin said, a single session isn't very long...I'd estimate 30-60 minutes depending on how fast you (and the rest of your group) play. I have multiple "games" going with multiple people, including a couple solo plays, so you can definitely save progress.

I do disagree with Austin, however. This game has provided a lot more than I expected. The story is nice, I find the gameplay fun if you enjoy deckbuilders, and I really enjoy the way they incorporated rewards, progression, and even some choices or different possibilities in the story. I am extremely impressed with Hero Realms as a whole, especially because of the many ways it's able to be played, and I find myself much less interested in Star Realms now because of this game.

My biggest complaint with the game is that they sell it in small chunks which seems to kinda inflate the price of the complete game, but that's just how White Wizard Games does sales as some people may not want to invest in the full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.