Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, when the number of turns a battle is allowed to take runs out - is the winner the person who is currently winning i.e. this breaks the normal "only at start of turn" rule for checking for a winner?

Or is it a case of being considered a draw regardless of where the strength marker is if the attacker hasn't won at the start of their turn when the turn timer runs out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a draw.

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm I'm not sure that's right.. having a look at the FAQ it says to alter this section:

5.2.3 – Winning as the Defender
Change “at the start of the defender’s round” to “at the start of the defender’s round (or after the
maximum number of rounds have elapsed)”.

The section discusses the defender winning if they have a military advantage of 1 or more.

So it seems if time runs out:
1) If the military strength marker is in the grey numbers (0,1) then it's a draw
2) If the military strength is 1 in the defender's favour then the defender wins
3) THIS IS THE PART I'M UNSURE ON - If the strength marker is in the attackers favour (e.g. 2 or higher to them) then they win

So point 3 should that be an attacker win or a draw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Jigsaw
mbmbmbmbmb
The winner is whoever is currently winning.

See the update for 5.2.3 at https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1633198/official-errata...

Note that the phrase "or after the maximum number of rounds have elapsed" is already specified in "Winning as the Defender" in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.