Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Give me heavy or give me death.
badge
Brass Birmingham
mbmbmbmbmb
Let’s say that I have both of these items already in my possession and come to the Grail and Excalibur spots again.

Do I still get an Apple for the Grail?
May I “re-activate” Excalibur to kill a Traitor?

I’ve seen the answer for my third question on a different topic. I’ve read that it’s allowed to stand with more than 1 Knight on a spot. Is this stated in the rules? I didn’t see it. Only the stairs to municipalities are logical to be for more than 1 Knight but rest of the spots are chairs. Chairs are usually for a single person . Can someone clarify this?

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
Zirkonia wrote:
Let’s say that I have both of these items already in my possession and come to the Grail and Excalibur spots again.

Yes
Yes

Zirkonia wrote:
I’ve seen the answer for my third question on a different topic. I’ve read that it’s allowed to stand with more than 1 Knight on a spot. Is this stated in the rules? I didn’t see it. Only the stairs to municipalities are logical to be for more than 1 Knight but rest of the spots are chairs. Chairs are usually for a single person . Can someone clarify this?

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

On page 4, it says: "The number of figures on a single action space is not limited."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seyit A. Çinici
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Give me heavy or give me death.
badge
Brass Birmingham
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feldfan2014 wrote:
Zirkonia wrote:

Yes
Yes

Can you point out where to find this in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it is a very similar decision space as Aquasphere. In that game, you normally chose one action you really needed to do, which meant you couldn't do certain others. From there, you had to choose which path you were going to take.

When you role the dice, depending on if you role doubles, you will have around 8-10 different actions you can take based on the order you take them. The game then is not just about "doing what you want," but about choosing from that set.

So yes, there will be more luck involved then in a Euro where you can always choose exactly what you want to do, but it also creates a different type of puzzle to solve then those games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoann
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
feldfan2014 wrote:
Zirkonia wrote:

Yes
Yes

I'd like an official reply too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
feldfan2014 wrote:
Zirkonia wrote:

Yes
Yes

Top of page 6, where it describes those action spaces:

Quote:
Excalibur: The player claims Excalibur from the game
board or from the player currently holding it, and
places it next to their castle board. Then, the player
chooses one of the traitors attached to their castle
board, and puts the tile on the discard pile.

Quote:
The Grail: The player claims the Grail from the game
board or from the player currently holding it, and
places it next to their castle board. Then, the player
takes one apple from the game board, and stores it on
their castle board.

Seems clear enough. If I already have Excalibur, and I land on that space, I take Excalibur from the player who already has it (I take it from myself. Or, if you prefer, I try to take it and fail to do so because I can't take what I already had. Either interpretation doesn't matter her). Then, I choose one of the traitors to discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Etherion wrote:
Khonnor wrote:
feldfan2014 wrote:
Zirkonia wrote:

Yes
Yes

I'd like an official reply too.

There’s no official reply, the post above this one makes sense though because of how the rules are written. Since it’s stated in steps: first take Excalibur (or the grail) and then do X. Since 1 is already fulfilled (by being taken from another player or because you already had it) then you go on to fulfill the second part which is to repel a traitor or take an apple.

There is no official word anywhere (that I know) where this is confirmed or denied, but based on RAW (rules as written) this is the only way to play it that would make sense. If you disagree you can always say that if you already have the item then the turn when you land at its spot nothing happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.