Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't laugh at us! My first game in over 10 years, and playing with two of my kids that have never played.

Let's say a German Airborne drops on an undefended Rosyth. Does that Airborne control the port, and can the Germans then SR units into the port? I'm intuitively saying 'no', but I can't find it in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lgoldberg wrote:
Please don't laugh at us! My first game in over 10 years, and playing with two of my kids that have never played.

Let's say a German Airborne drops on an undefended Rosyth. Does that Airborne control the port, and can the Germans then SR units into the port? I'm intuitively saying 'no', but I can't find it in the rules.

The answer is yes, assuming (a) the hex is in supply (via an Axis fleet at the beginning of the turn) and (b) there are no Allied units adjacent to the hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As per Steve's post - most of the applicable rules are in the SR section. SR must be into / through supplied controlled hexes not adjacent to an enemy unit. The paras control the hex, in order for it to be supplied it would have been necessary to pre-designate a supply fleet earlier in the game turn. Finally, there cannot be any enemy units adjacent to the port hex (note rules on adjacency in the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Schweppe
msg tools
deadkenny wrote:
As per Steve's post - most of the applicable rules are in the SR section. SR must be into / through supplied controlled hexes not adjacent to an enemy unit. The paras control the hex, in order for it to be supplied it would have been necessary to pre-designate a supply fleet earlier in the game turn. Finally, there cannot be any enemy units adjacent to the port hex (note rules on adjacency in the rules).

Or airbase counter. Airbases are specifically called out as preventing SR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AutomatedTeller wrote:
Or airbase counter. Airbases are specifically called out as preventing SR.

Yes, for purposes of this rule an airbase counter is considered an "unit". Specifically "....may not be adjacent to nor pass adjacent to any enemy unit including air, naval, airbase counter, and partisan...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

I'm not laughing at your question. it was a good question.
I'm laughing simply because you said not to laugh.
I'm kind of "that way." shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
One more with Airborne - playing right now!

Airborne drops on Rosyth, it's in supply, per the above.

On his next turn, can he do another drop, this time on Southampton? My question centers on how he gets planes to jump from Rosyth? Commandeer them from the local airstrip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lgoldberg wrote:

On his next turn, can he do another drop, this time on Southampton? My question centers on how he gets planes to jump from Rosyth? Commandeer them from the local airstrip?

They fly in.
Remember that a game turn is 3 months long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grinnell1969 wrote:
lgoldberg wrote:

They fly in.

I will trust the man with an Airborne avatar.

(Thank you for your service!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lgoldberg wrote:
grinnell1969 wrote:
lgoldberg wrote:

They fly in.

I will trust the man with an Airborne avatar.

(Thank you for your service!)

Actually, I dangled from a Blackhawk.

oh, and with 7 kids, you are braver than me...
I stopped at 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.