Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I listened to a podcast in which the game's designer (Harold Buchanan) was interviewed, where he mentioned the fact that the board has an Easter Egg. (See podcast link and time stamp in my post, below)

Except I can't find anything on the board worthy of being labeled as an "Easter Egg". I gave up looking when the wife gave me that look. You know the look... the one that says, "What on Earth are ARE you doing?"

So, if it's indeed there, and if you find it, please use the spoiler function when you post!

Edit: Edited to add podcast info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

I hope I'm not getting my games mixed up - otherwise this will be embarrassing...

Anyway, I could swear that it was during a podcast in which the game's designer (Harold Buchanan) was interviewed, that he mentioned the fact that the board has an Easter Egg.

Except I can't find anything on the board worthy of being labeled as an "Easter Egg". I gave up looking when the wife gave me that look. You know the look... the one that says, "What on Earth are ARE you doing?"

So, if it's indeed there, and if you find it, please use the spoiler function when you post!

Any way you could identify the podcast? I'd be interested in listening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sexton
United States
Warren
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1386062/liberty-or-death-ne...

Found this link to previous thread. Looks like it was a joke based on a micro badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Race Bannon wrote:

Here it is: (The mention about the Easter Egg is at timestamp 3:25)

Travis Gets Heavy - Episode 5 - Harold Buchanan Interview

BTW, I discovered the podcast itself by looking at the Podcasts listed in the "Podcasts" section (each game page has one... scroll down to "News & Links", and click on "Podcasts"). There are 19 Podcasts currently listed for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Carter
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope someone finds the easter egg. It's bothered me ever since I heard the podcast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

plainscape wrote:
I hope someone finds the easter egg. It's bothered me ever since I heard the podcast!

How long has that been?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easter Egg exists! No comment on Santa!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sexton
United States
Warren
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
hankhankhank wrote:
Easter Egg exists! No comment on Santa!

Well dang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Race Bannon wrote:

Here it is: (The mention about the Easter Egg is at timestamp 3:25)

Travis Gets Heavy - Episode 5 - Harold Buchanan Interview

BTW, I discovered the podcast itself by looking at the Podcasts listed in the "Podcasts" section (each game page has one... scroll down to "News & Links", and click on "Podcasts"). There are 19 Podcasts currently listed for this game.

Holy cow, I never noticed there was a podcasts section for games here. Thanks for pointing the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Carter
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

plainscape wrote:

How long has that been?!

A year and 8 months, apparently. I just looked around again. I tried finding patterns in trees, if there's anything odd in the city layouts and I even tried to connect dots in an image editor. No luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Wood
United States
Lilburn
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Likely location of the Easter Egg...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Note Harold's microbadge - MIT is visible in Boston

But if you want a hint first, without giving too much away, the beginnning of this video may (or may not) help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put it in a spoiler and then those that want to know can, and those that don't can avoid it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

ronmwood wrote:
I found it. Dare I just ruin it for everyone else? Perhaps a hint first?

No! surprise devil

If you found it, insert what you found in your post as a spoiler. (Select the applicable text from your post and click on the "SP" button, found above the editing box).

That way, others who have also found it can look at your post and either agree or disagree with you. Then the rest of us can look when we finally give up!

Edit: On second thought... if you or anyone want to provide a HINT... here's a humble suggestion:

Provide these two hints, hiding both inside a spoiler:

Suggested Hint #1: In which half of the board is the Easter egg found? Northern or southern half? (If the answer is that it straddles the border between the two halves, then say, "Middle Half")

Suggested Hint #2: Use the icons found in the four corners of the board (that mark the four factions) to identify each of the four quadrants of the board. Let the hint be which quadrant (or quadrants) the Easter Egg is in.

Again, please put the hints inside a spoiler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
First Hint:

I was about to name the half and quadrant in two hints but then I remembered that I made Harold a personal in-person promise that I wouldn't say a word about the easter egg! Sorry folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't find an "Easter" Egg, but found this instead...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grammatoncleric wrote:
First Hint:

I was about to name the half and quadrant in two hints but then I remembered that I made Harold a personal in-person promise that I wouldn't say a word about the easter egg! Sorry folks.

Thank you OSB - the only documented egg breaker.

And by the way, OSB took a very sophisticated approach - rather then try to guess my password through random keystrokes, he did a little research first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.