Yesterday was the first time we played this game.
It was great! We had a lot of fun, but we had some doubts about the combat.
More specifically, concerning the timing of the combat itself.
1. When can the trade tokens be used in combat? I think that the rulebook states that they are used after rolling. Wouldn't it be best to pick how many tokens on both sides and then roll the dice?
2. Same case with diplomacy cards. Should they be used after rolling? Are they used at the same time that tokens are used?
3. Can two diplomacy cards be used in for the same attack? For example, if one player attacks another and the defender has two defensive pact from thr other two players. Can he use both cards to defend himself from the same attack?
1. As per performing an attack on page 16, trade tokens are used after both sides have rolled. You can always house rule it but that's how they are spent in the official rules
2. You roll your dice and add your card bonuses to the roll, trade tokens are added after doing this
3. Yep, you can have one diplomacy card from each player so if they are the cards you picked from each player each one gives you that bonus