Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So say you have a Barbarian leader and a couple of barbarians come into a province with a Limes.

Can you just attack the leader? Or do you have to attack all Barbarians?

And a side question: since Barbarian leaders aren't flipped, do they still cause the status loss in the Support Check phase even though the other Barbarians are inactive?

I suppose the question for both is: is a Barbarian leader considered inactive if the Barbarians that are with it are inactive? Or can you have both?

Edit: Just saw elsewhere on the board that Barbarian leaders can become inactive, so that answers all of the questions, I think!

2nd edit: Maybe not. It is possible that you may have active and inactive barbarians of the same tribe in the same province.

So I guess the question still stands. Do you attack all barbarians of the same tribe regardless of status?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, barbarian leaders actually do become inactive due to Limes (or Tribute) just like regular barbarian counters. (Barbarian leaders are just barbarian counters with special powers, essentially.)

In the rare event that you do wind up with active and inactive barbarians of the same tribe in one province, they would still be stacked together, and so you would attack them together. We may need to clarify that in the faq.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When attacked, inactive barbarians defend as normal. They just don't contribute to support loss in player-run provinces.

(So if you attack in your own province you will want to apply your hits to active barbarians and leaders, and if in someone else's you want to apply them to inactive.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.