Hide
3 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Rising Tide too easy? (Some spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Lloyd
msg tools
In the scenario Rising Tide, you investigate 6 suspects in four different locations with the ultimate goal of stopping an evil ritual. After you’ve been to each location you have to choose either a suspect you believe is guilty or a location where you believe the ritual will take place. I have played it twice and won both times, and it seems like there is a fail-proof way to find the ritual location:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Both times I played I found the ritual components, and that location turned out to be the ritual location (shocker!). So even though I never felt like I made much progress determining WHO was involved, I have always been able to find the location and stop the ritual. And it seems like in future plays I could just prioritize search tokens and so always find the ritual components and always beat the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also played twice, and I BELIEVE that once the location of the ritual components was NOT the planned site of the ritual.

However, my memory is not perfect, and it was almost a year back.

Others, please ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alaska Saedelaere
msg tools
mbmb
Played three times, but only in of these games did we actually find the ritual components. They did lead us to the ritual site, although we had one pretty solid suspect. (Majority vote didn't want to take a chance in case we missed something / were wrong.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.