3 Posts

Legendary: Buffy The Vampire Slayer» Forums » Rules

Subject: solo - epic struggle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
renee ansley
msg tools
mb
for the point subtraction at the end of solo mode, epic struggle and its 8 twists really kill my score. am i misunderstanding something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If all 8 twists come out, yes, you'll lose a lot of points. But a contributor to that is that there seems to be a very disproportionate amount of 1 VP villains. Seriously, a lot of them.

Everyone in Harmony's Gang is worth 1 VP. Glory's Minions has one guy worth 2. That's 9 VP for the whole group! Out of the seven villain groups, only the Demons group and the Scourge of Europe barely average out to 2+ VP per villain. (16 and 17, respectively.)

In the Marvel base set, only one group, the Skrulls, are worth less than 20. (It's 19.) In Dark City, most are worth 25+ VP.

I have no idea why the villains are worth so little VP in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
renee ansley
msg tools
mb
yeah i’m just starting with the master and the hounds + aurelius, plus all 8 twists with epic struggle, with willow angel and buffy. i think this was the introductory lineup, adjusted for solo.
i have played twice with this and granted i’m just learning but both times i’ve gotten through only three of the four tactics and the villain deck has run out, and all 8 scheme twists kick my score’s ass irrespective of not having “won” by defeating the big bad in full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.