Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott C
United States
East Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading through a couple of these Marvel events and decided to see what they might look like as schemes.

AXIS

In this one Professor X's telepathy (with help from the Red Skull...er...Red Onslaught -- Marvel stories are complicated) flips the most heroic heroes and villainous villains to act against their nature.

It is basically a race to finish off the Mastermind before the 6th twist, but you have to be careful with HQ management as well so you don't accidentally hit the win condition earlier. Remember that inverted heroes can't be KO'd so every escaped villain also must KO one of the non-inverted remainder from the HQ.

Spider-verse

In this one all the Spider-men and women and pigs etc. are being hunted and must band together to take down the villains first.

This one plays differently depending on if you take a spider-heavy set of heroes or even no 2-cost heroes at all (so long as you have sidekicks you can still leverage them to fight). It's kind of fun either way, trying to have enough 2-cost heroes in your deck to be able to hit, but avoid the twists which KO them.

What do you all think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these.

Couple of points on wording:

Spiderverse:
-you don't need "or Sidekicks" because they are 2-cost Heroes
-I would just call it "Spider-Verse" rather than that mouthful of a title

Axis
-Suggestion for a simpler title: "Invert Moral Axes"
-or maybe "Invert Heroes' Moral Axes" (since you don't do any inverting of villains in the scheme)
-should it say inverted Heroes "in the HQ" can't be gained/recruited/KO'd etc, players may already have some of these Heroes in their decks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
East Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback on these. I like the wording suggestions and will make some updates.

I kind of like the titles not just to be the shortened event names because you can imagine different masterminds trying to do (whatever the scheme is), but I note that even the official Legendary schemes do a bit of both with the naming ("The Clone Saga", "X-Cutioner's Song") vs. ("Transform Citizens into Demons" = "Inferno", "Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters" = "Secret Invasion"). So I guess both options could work.

If anyone else tries these out would welcome feedback if the number of twists (which is the major thing to tweak in schemes, I guess) is right to make it challenging enough but not nearly impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.