Burano» Forums » General

Subject: Concerns on Replayability and Lasting potential? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Armen
United States
California
flag msg tools
After watching Rahdo's and Dice Tower's reviews on this game, I am highly considering getting it. Rahdo's Runthrough especially sold me on this game. One concern though that I've seen from other reviews that I've read is the replayability factor. For anyone who's played this game numerous times, I'm wondering what you think about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
There are enough different paths to victory that guarantee endless ways to approach and explore this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at six plays currently, and still going strong. The biggest challenge getting it to the table is the amount of rules - typical for any game of this complexity - but I'm still eager to pull it out.

I think there are "stronger" paths to victory and don't feel that there are lots of different ways to win, but I think if we had several skilled players watching and blocking others on the dominant strategies things would mix up more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grietens
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't be to concerned about replayability. The game needs a few plays to really understand what is going on, and trying different strategies. Yes I think there are, but its not easy to get it right. So many things to take into account.

I've played it 2 times now, and I'm still learning. Maybe its me :-)
But I see other people struggle also.
Nevertheless I like this game very much. Even though, it took us 2 times 3,5 hours, and I played it 2 times with different people. we were 3 players, so I'm scared that with 4, its going to last even longer.

And then there is the explanation of the rules which easily also takes an hour.

I'm already happy with my 2 plays. Wonder if I can get other victims with lots of time :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.