Taylor Nast
United States
Ochelata
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a system for this that isn't so messy? We're in the last third of the game but running low on population 1 stickers, and I've even avoided redundant sticker placement as much as possible. We've just had so many cities bouncing back and forth between 2 and 1 population

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What about using the numbered stickers from Season 1?

I believe I've got a surplus of numbered stickers that I've picked up at thrift stores for marking D&D minis, so I'm probably all set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Snyder
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HazyAssaulter wrote:
Does anyone have a system for this that isn't so messy? We're in the last third of the game but running low on population 1 stickers, and I've even avoided redundant sticker placement as much as possible. We've just had so many cities bouncing back and forth between 2 and 1 population

what we did was we wrote down the cities going from 2 to 1 - but did not apply the stickers immediately. Then, when we got to the upgrade phase, we decided which cities to increase back to 2 and then just didn't apply stickers to those at all. Worked well for us, but maybe you're already doing something similar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
What about using the numbered stickers from Season 1?

Nice idea.
They are graphically showing worse condition as you get higher numbers rather than better condition... but they'll do if we're desperate. Definitely better than writing on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian N
msg tools
mbmb
Way too late for you, I suspect - but... removable labels are good.

A quick-and-dirty fix would be to trim off and use the sticky top few centimetres of a Post-it note. Cut chunks off as you need them, write on them, stick them on the board. Peel off and replace when things change.

For my part, I bought some sheets of removable printer labels (Avery 6467) for another project, and I've been using them for all sorts of things. This would definitely have been one of them. Either just peel one off the sheet and use it like the Post-its, or go the whole hog and mock up some new stickers to vaguely match the existing ones.

(The good thing about the printer sheets is that, provided you use your software properly, it seems that you can print on a couple of labels, take them off and use them, then make new content for the ones that are left and feed them back through the printer. I've one sheet I've used 7 or 8 times by now; it's about 50% empty, yet still whizzing through just as well as the first time.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The easiest thing we found to do was simply to leave the hollow men/plague cubes on the board at the end game until we'd made our purchasing decisions, then for cities that were dropping and we were immediately buying back up, just... don't do anything with the stickers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianna
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can buy little 1/8 inch round stickers (we used these in Pandemic Legacy 1) which should fit nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spaceinvader, be careful, I think you have spoilers in your post...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hannes
United States
New Windsor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed that not bothering to sticker cities you plan to increase is a good idea (though make sure you resolve any effects that might happen if a population does drop).

We also found it easiest to just remove stickers from the board when possible. For example, in one game Cairo gets a plague cube and goes down to 2. Next game we build a supply center there. Instead of putting a 3 sticker over the 2, we just peel off the "2" sticker, revealing the default 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.