Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally had a chance to play my first game. I love it!!!!

I found myself unexpectedly bogged down repairing my hull and cannon because I was certain one more turn of rolling all three dice and I would drop the enemy lines to either 3 or 2 cards.

Meanwhile they kept peppering away at me - except the light artillery, thankfully the crew had decided to try shooting with their eyes closed for the day!

All of a sudden I rolled where I had to eliminate the cards and the Final Battle was on!

I made it to the end. My hull was down to 1 point. The enemy down to 1 cBadger Landship with 2 points and I had 3 cards on my frontline! I had it made.

Rolled a repair. 1 damage to enemy. Another repair. (I think that was the end result. Definetly just 1 damage though!)

That Badger rolled 1 damage to hull. And like that it was over. And I loved it! What a great game!! Well done! Thank you for sharing this.

(I should also mention that since moving to Wisconsin - home of the Badgers - from NY I may have spent my time bad mouthing the cheese here as compared to NY and VT :/ So it was probably fitting I was finished by a Badger.

Karma.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
orionstars wrote:

I found myself unexpectedly bogged down repairing my hull and cannon because I was certain one more turn of rolling all three dice and I would drop the enemy lines to either 3 or 2 cards.

Meanwhile they kept peppering away at me - except the light artillery, thankfully the crew had decided to try shooting with their eyes closed for the day!

All of a sudden I rolled where I had to eliminate the cards and the Final Battle was on!

I made it to the end. My hull was down to 1 point. The enemy down to 1 cBadger Landship with 2 points and I had 3 cards on my frontline! I had it made.

Rolled a repair. 1 damage to enemy. Another repair. (I think that was the end result. Definetly just 1 damage though!)

That Badger rolled 1 damage to hull. And like that it was over. And I loved it! What a great game!! Well done! Thank you for sharing this.

(I should also mention that since moving to Wisconsin - home of the Badgers - from NY I may have spent my time bad mouthing the cheese here as compared to NY and VT :/ So it was probably fitting I was finished by a Badger.

Karma.)

Sounds like a good game! Keep in mind that once you are in the Final Battle, neither the player nor the enemy can do repairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
orionstars wrote:

Karma.)

Thanks for playing and for the very nice write-up.

As a designer, your compliments (bolded above) are great to hear. I design a game because I think it will be interesting, but I never know if it will click with other people. So, when it does click, and leads someone to use all those exclamation points, it's a great feeling. So, thanks.

And yes, you do not want to mess with Bucky Badger.

As for your Repair - 1 Damage - Repair roll, I was a little confused by that too. Based on your earlier comments it sounds like you know you can't repair during the Final Battle. Did you just mean you had 2 sort of wasted dice in the roll?

If you don't mind, and if you haven't already, could you please rate the game on the BGG game page. The game already has over 50 ratings, which for a PnP game is pretty fantastic. So, now I'm getting greedy devil

Seriously, hopefully people will read this session report of yours, but when people are searching for games, sometimes they filter out games with not a lot of ratings, so I'm just trying to make sure this game can get on people's radar. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DownriverRick wrote:
Keep in mind that once you are in the Final Battle, neither the player nor the enemy can do repairs.

Yeah that was the rub! No repairs - 2 lost die rolls!!! AHHHH. Then Boom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narrow Gate Games wrote:
And yes, you do not want to mess with Bucky Badger.
Tell me about it!

Narrow Gate Games wrote:
As for your Repair - 1 Damage - Repair roll, I was a little confused by that too. Based on your earlier comments it sounds like you know you can't repair during the Final Battle. Did you just mean you had 2 sort of wasted dice in the roll?

Yeah that is exactly what happened! I had tried to delay the loss of the enemy for a turn or two - even voluntarily getting stuck in the mud - just to try and make some repairs before I lost enough enemies (or my sponsons) to prevent any more repairs.

So much for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.