Subject: Looters as Enemy NPCs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are other people out there, and just because they are human does not mean they are going to like you. They want stuff, and you are there taking it from them. When a looter spawn card is drawn, roll 1d3 + experience color level (blue=1, yellow=2, etc…) which equals the number of human looters that spawn. These looters are placed in an indoor building that ideally is not where any survivors are at, and ideally has been unopened.

Their main purpose is to steal your loot and keep you from completing objectives.

Priority of actions (3 actions)
• Attack enemy in Range
• Fortify Objective (add Fortify marker)
• Fortify Door (add Fortify marker)
• Loot Room (Once 4 Tokens are on a room, the room is empty and can not be searched)
• Move Towards “Event”
• Move Towards Unopened door
• Move Towards “non-looted” room
• Move Into Attack Distance

What if by looting, they rolled on a chart to improve their skills?

Stats: Can be wounded by 1 damage weapons, range 0-1, can only do 1 damage.

Roll 2d6 when they loot a unique room.

Options:
2 to Wound
+1 Ranged (can stack)
+1 Damage
Flashlight to make it faster for them to clear out rooms
Then some junks to better balance the roll where they get nothing.

Fortify: If an NPC looter has fortified an area, they could be ready for whatever awaits, instantly attacking when survivor becomes available to do so. (Does fortification add Baracades?)

Versus Other enemies: Do zombies attack them or them attacking zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Loot Room (Once 4 Tokens are on a room, the room is empty and can not be searched

But wouldn't they have this loot if you killed them.

I do like the idea as an add on. Perhaps for an entire series of Missions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When you kill a looter, immediately draw one gear card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would work... Or we could pick cards for them, with out looking. Chasing them down gets their loot. Might be worth it, might not.

You've made confrontation their priority. Yet their plan might be to escape with the loot. Quite like the necromancer, if they escape the board they create a new spawn point, due to the noise they're making over that area.

I forget how necromancers work but something like that. Not sure how to theme them avoiding the Zombie horde, splitting etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I hear you, but I wanted to create something with a different pattern.

Right now I have cultist opening up portals, scientist crowding doors while spawning zombies, and looters holding the fort from the inside.

Still need to test all 3, but that is the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be 'scavengers' and 'looters'. Looters are more likely to attack, scavengers more like to try escape with precious loot cards.

Then we could have 'bunkers' (!?!) Can't think of a better term, these are trying to make a base, safe place to rest for the night. Enemies of Course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought of that as well, but it seems just too many rules. I find it things are over complicated then it never gets added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not if it was combined on to 1 table. Similar to the table you already have, just the priority changes depending on which NPC card comes out, which cat they are.

Each cat has a number next to the action on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now, I just need to work through how they deal with zombies that are spawned?

How about zombies always move towards opened doors or survivors UNLESS Looters are making more noise. Looters make noise for each attack they make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.