Dice Forge» Forums » Rules

Subject: Celestial Ship - rules clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Morgan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scenario: I have Celestial Ship on my dice. Another player has the Blacksmith's Hammer track. There's a die face in the Sanctuary that we both want, but we don't know that the other wants it. We roll divine blessings. My ship comes up and I want to buy the die face. He rolls gold and immediately applies it to his resource board, but wants to change his mind and put it on the Hammer track when he sees that I bought the die face.

For this turn, he kept the gold on the board, but it brought up a question about how to handle it in the future.

The rules say when there are 2 ships, they are resolved in turn order. It doesn't say anything about this situation though. Is he allowed to wait to decide where to put his gold until after I use the ship (which would have been going in turn order)? Or does he have to decide immediately? We have some experienced gamers in our group and their opinions were divided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Libellud Team
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
logank622 wrote:
Scenario: I have Celestial Ship on my dice. Another player has the Blacksmith's Hammer track. There's a die face in the Sanctuary that we both want, but we don't know that the other wants it. We roll divine blessings. My ship comes up and I want to buy the die face. He rolls gold and immediately applies it to his resource board, but wants to change his mind and put it on the Hammer track when he sees that I bought the die face.

For this turn, he kept the gold on the board, but it brought up a question about how to handle it in the future.

The rules say when there are 2 ships, they are resolved in turn order. It doesn't say anything about this situation though. Is he allowed to wait to decide where to put his gold until after I use the ship (which would have been going in turn order)? Or does he have to decide immediately? We have some experienced gamers in our group and their opinions were divided.

Hello,
Step 1 : ALL PLAYERS RECEIVE DIVINE BLESSINGS
[...]
*In case of a conflict between players when applying the effects of certain special die faces, follow the turn order, starting with the active player."
So you must apply die faces effect and then do you turn so he can't change his mind.

Regards, Léa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Price
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
logank22 is asking about the Celestial Ship die face, which allows a player to forge a die face as part of the divine blessings phase.

In this case, since OP was ahead of their friend in turn order, OP would forge their die face at a cost of -2, and then the other player would decide where to distribute the money they received from that divine blessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.