3 Posts

Dice Throne: Season One» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarification regarding changing of dice faces. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hall
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This occurred in a game tonight and my friends and I had some debate about this so I thought to ask the developers directly.

Say I'm on my second roll and decide to keep it, then state which ability I'm going to activate; if my opponent changes one of my dice to a different face, am I able to reroll to try to get something else, or is my turn essentially over as I "locked in" my ability and dice choices?

We went back and forth on this a bit so I would appreciate some official insight.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a developer, but I can answer this one for you.

When the rules say that a single offensive ability can be activated each turn, that means that only one ability can actually happen (even if the dice could activate more than one).

During your Offensive Roll Phase you are entitled to three rolls.

Therefore, if you declare an ability to activate on your second roll and someone alters it, you are entitled to one more re-roll before you have to resort to playing cards that allow you more re-rolls, alter your own dice, etc.

It is only the final outcome of the dice that "lock" an ability. When you can't re-roll or otherwise manipulate your dice, only then is that considered to be "the final outcome".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny Trembley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
David Martin has it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.