My buddy and I started a LotA campaign on my phone, and I just got a tablet that I would MUCH rather play on (obvs). Rather than have to restart the campaign, I was wondering if I could simply transfer the save file over, but I can't find it. Anyone know where it would be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bryant
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello - I am an Android developer. On Android, each app has a "private" area where they can store data files. I haven't actually taken the IA app apart to have a look, but it's likely that it's storing your save files in this private area. Unfortunately you can't get at these files, unless you have "rooted" your phone.

It is of course possible that it's storing them somewhere else, and some apps do behave like this, but the private area is sort of the "standard" place for an app to store its files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ok, thanks for the reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ashworth
United Kingdom
Todmorden
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OrzelBialey wrote:
My buddy and I started a LotA campaign on my phone, and I just got a tablet that I would MUCH rather play on (obvs). Rather than have to restart the campaign, I was wondering if I could simply transfer the save file over, but I can't find it. Anyone know where it would be?

Try these steps -
1) open local storage
2) open the android folder
3) open the data folder
4) open the com.fantasyflightgames.iaca folder
5) open the files folder
6) open the SavedGames folder
7) open the 0 folder
8) copy all of the saved files to external storage (SD card etc...)
9) transfer these files to your tablet

Hope this helps and let me know if it works
Regards
Ste

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Steam users on Mac the saved files are here:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Imperial Assault/Imperial Assault.app/Contents/SavedGames

In case somebody needs it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.