United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game description states "Nemesis is a cooperation game combined with bluffing, backstabbing...", yet the game is rated for 1-5 players. My experience with semi coops is that they rarely work well solo, so I'm interested to know what changes there are to the rules in solo to compensate for the loss of bluffing and backstabbing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
i think the solo experience will be more straight forward with the main objective of getting the ship repaired and eliminating the intruder threat.

Marcin the designer admitted things are much less chaotic without backstabbing elements to throw into the mix when it comes to solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to further details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Van Langenhove
msg tools
I played a demo game with some friends at Spiel last year and we were actually thinking a full coop mode being possible by removing some of the contradictory player objectives from the game.

It would require a little balancing tweaking to make other parts harder ofcourse. Possibly just giving yourself fewer turns to succeed.

In any case I think there is enough game there next to the backstabbing/semi-coop mechanics to still be a fun experience without them with maybe a few balance tweaks.

Tough to say for sure based on one demo play of course but that was my impression from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.