Subject: Scribe Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester Hsu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
For the Scribe, the rules state that you pay one Deben and place one card from your hand under the Scribe card. It doesn't indicate however, whether or not the card needs to be placed facedown under the Scribe card, but I'm assuming it does. Am I correct?

Also, am I understanding correctly that the card you choose from your hand to place under the Scribe card can be any type of citizen (not necessarily another Scribe card), and that in the end each of those cards are placed in their respective columns by type to count towards citizen type majorities?

Thanks,
Chester
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mb
Yes to all of your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad is correct yes.

You want to place the card face down so other players do not know what card it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hsu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the answers. So each time you play another Scribe card you get to pay another Deben to place another card in your hand under the Scribe stack? Is that how these cards accumulate? Can you pay more than one Deben tomplace that many more Citizen cards from your hand under the Scribe cards? I guess this is how you can play an additional card that isn’t a match to the other one you are playing. But why can’t you just play the other card into
Its’ respective stack instead of under the Scribe card. Isn’t that the same in the end? Or is it so your opponent can’t tell which cards may be leading to majorities in your other stacks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So each time you play another Scribe card you get to pay another Deben to place another card in your hand under the Scribe stack? Is that how these cards accumulate?

yes - play a Scribe and pay a Deben and put a card under the Scribr face down

Can you pay more than one Deben to place that many more Citizen cards from your hand under the Scribe cards?

Nope - 1 Scribe, 1 Deben, 1 card, that's it. The Scribe can only record so much history of your dynasty at a time

I guess this is how you can play an additional card that isn’t a match to the other one you are playing. But why can’t you just play the other card into its’ respective stack instead of under the Scribe card. Isn’t that the same in the end? Or is it so your opponent can’t tell which cards may be leading to majorities in your other stacks?

Yes this is, in wargamer terms, "the fog of war". The other players will not know if you have majorities of a Citizen type or if you have achieved a particular Afterlife bonus (not that you should be showing them your path to the afterlife either).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hsu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got it, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.