Popular Tags: [View All]
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have never heard of this game until just now. Why is it high on the hotness list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Campbell
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Level 99 Games is offering Resistor_ for free as part of their holiday sale.

https://www.level99games.com/resistor_

From Level 99 Games:

For a limited time, use "DEFCON-2017" to get this game for free in our online store!

A few notes about this gift:

The gift is available only while supplies last! If you take a long winter's nap, you may miss it!
You are still responsible for shipping costs! You can save on shipping by buying other games together with this one!
The coupon code expires on December 31st!
As a courtesy to our fans around the world, please use this coupon code only once per household. We reserve the right to suspend multiple orders from the same customer.

Don't forget, our 20% off holiday sale is also still going on through the end of the year. You can use the code "HAPPYGAMING2017" to get discounts on other orders in our online store through the rest of the year!

If you appreciate the game, feel free to share the holiday spirit with us on Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr! You're also welcome to share this coupon with friends, family, and your favorite online communities!

Don't forget to share your holiday goodwill with Cardboard Fortress, the designers of RESISTOR_! You can support them by checking out their latest hit, Lazer Ryderz!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you enjoy the free gift!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valek
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe would like to enjoy but seems no shipping to Switzerland shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Robertson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shame about the single international shipping option: USPS Priority International (UK) — $49.50
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, anything under 4 lbs ships as if it's 4lbs.
That said, if you get up to 3.5 lbs more of stuff, the price remains the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lol 35$ for shipping to canada

Thanks but no thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Epperson
United States
Monroe
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love how the game uses the box to play and how thematic the visuals are (rules on dot-matrix looking lined paper is brilliant). It's a great 2p push/pull style game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Warfield
msg tools
I just posted this review:

"As someone who doesn't have never has enough time to play the games I love, I was thrilled to discover RESISTOR_ two years ago. It's quick. It's entertaining. It's smart--and smartly designed. It's even a good game for spectating. I have my own much-loved copy (a little beat-up), and I just bought two more: one to replace my beat-up copy, and one as a gift for a friend whose kids love games. I am not surprised that this game is number one on The Hotness. I hope its ranking helps other people to discover this game I love so much."

So, it might not be the greatest game ever, but what about universal appeal and simple elegance? Maybe that's part of the magic here? Just my thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
Any reason for this? 4 lb is a lot for most boardgames. I have resold several games, and besides especially large/heavy games, most standard sizes games come in at around 2-3 lb. It also seems particularly excessive considering all the small games and promos that L99 produces. I can say definitively that as a L99 fan, I personally have decided on multiple occasions not to buy certain things I wanted from you directly solely based on the shipping cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anaturalharmonic wrote:
Hi all,

I have never heard of this game until just now. Why is it high on the hotness list?

What's fascinating is that the game is #1 on the Hotness, but there isn't a lot of new engagement (this is the only new thread, far as I can tell). It's like all you have to do is look at a game page for its rankings to climb, which seems like a lame way to track a game's hotness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
msg tools
alphasixty wrote:
anaturalharmonic wrote:
Hi all,

What's fascinating is that the game is #1 on the Hotness, but there isn't a lot of new engagement (this is the only new thread, far as I can tell). It's like all you have to do is look at a game page for its rankings to climb, which seems like a lame way to track a game's hotness.

I'm pretty sure it's like IMDb where it's based on the number of searches. So when there is a sale on some rando game and everyone rushes to BGG to look it up, it climbs. I guess that's kind of like it being hot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euge Nucc
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the game! I will definitely be giving this a shot over the upcoming holiday.

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Kyokai wrote:
Any reason for this? 4 lb is a lot for most boardgames. I have resold several games, and besides especially large/heavy games, most standard sizes games come in at around 2-3 lb. It also seems particularly excessive considering all the small games and promos that L99 produces. I can say definitively that as a L99 fan, I personally have decided on multiple occasions not to buy certain things I wanted from you directly solely based on the shipping cost.

It's mainly due to a software limitation with our sales platform. International First Class Mail runs from 0-4 lbs, and international priority runs at 4+. Our platform doesn't have a way to weight cap a particular shipping method. This means that if we offered FCM, you could potentially buy 30 lbs of stuff and attempt to ship it FCM, which would fail and also significantly undercharge you.

Our store is mostly intended for Americans since international shipping is prohibitively expensive in general. FCM to Europe is $20 for RESISTOR while priority is $40, so even the cheapest rate is probably too expensive for most. Since international OLGS's carry all our products too, it hasn't been too much of a problem so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

It's mainly due to a software limitation with our sales platform. International First Class Mail runs from 0-4 lbs, and international priority runs at 4+. Our platform doesn't have a way to weight cap a particular shipping method. This means that if we offered FCM, you could potentially buy 30 lbs of stuff and attempt to ship it FCM, which would fail and also significantly undercharge you.

Our store is mostly intended for Americans since international shipping is prohibitively expensive in general. FCM to Europe is $20 for RESISTOR while priority is $40, so even the cheapest rate is probably too expensive for most. Since international OLGS's carry all our products too, it hasn't been too much of a problem so far.
So it is a restriction on international shipping? I thought you were saying all shipping from your store (even domestic) behaved that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airguitarbandit wrote:
alphasixty wrote:
anaturalharmonic wrote:
Hi all,

I'm pretty sure it's like IMDb where it's based on the number of searches. So when there is a sale on some rando game and everyone rushes to BGG to look it up, it climbs. I guess that's kind of like it being hot?

Nah. It implies something that's inherently not true. There's no hype or buzz or even activity around this game (aside from people wanting a free game, and in my opinion hype/buzz = "hotness"). This game will most likely be forgotten once people get their free copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Batista
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
I hope you enjoy the free gift!

It is great. One thing though, you are trying to get your opponent to DEFCON 1 not 5.

DEFCON 5 is everything normal. DEFCON 1 is nuclear war. Since you use them as health trackers it makes even more sense for them to be numbered correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine! Thanks, Level 99 Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Dave
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
so cool...thanks for letting us know & the gift! I look forward to trying it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Kyokai wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

So it is a restriction on international shipping? I thought you were saying all shipping from your store (even domestic) behaved that way.

The tools actually exist to automatically weigh and select appropriate methods for USA shipping. It's a mystery to me why they haven't implemented the same tools for international yet, but that's how it is, for the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Dodson
United States
Mount Joy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy in the mail as well, such a nice looking game that seems like it'll be a lot of fun! I rarely play 2P games but sometimes it'll happen, so the price was right! Hopefully I'll get a chance to play it tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Stemen
United States
Mount Vernon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for posting. Code is still active. Just ordered. Only had to pay $7.10 in shipping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Bootherstone
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
designer
Giving fast and friendly service in shop and by post for over 25 years
mbmbmbmbmb
We still do things the old-fashioned way of weighing games and quoting on international shipping as different methods can vary wildly in cost. In general it seems to be considerably more expensive shipping from USA than to USA. A few years back we went on holiday to California and took a small game with us to post to another State, and found that it would have been cheaper to post it from UK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.