Hide
3 Posts

The Shared Dream» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions/Problems with Necrophobia expansion. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL KEMPNICH
msg tools
Really enjoying the game so far. Beaten most of the base scenarios, and Night Terrors. Tonight we tried Necrophobia for the first time and found some issues with the rules in it. If anyone could help clear these up (or if ODAMMatt happens to see this), I would much appreciate any help.

1. The rules manual mentions shamblers as the weakest base zombies. However, there are no rules for spawning shamblers on any of the cards or in the rulebook. We ran this as the 1/night phase zombie spawning from the Graveyard was a shambler rather than a biter. Could this be correct? From what we saw, Biters and Wretcheds spawned from nightmare tests, wretcheds from the necromancer, and biters from the graveyard. Either could spawn from reflections or necrophobia cards, and more biters would spawn if we stood on the graveyard.

2. Can Infection cubes be placed on a protected Cathedral? It feels wrong flavorfully, but we did it as we could find nothing saying otherwise.

I think this was all, with the shamblers being the biggest issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert DuRapau
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hey Michael!

1) Unfortunately there is an omission in the manual that will need to be corrected with an errata. It should state:

Zombie Limits and Shamblers
The Necromancer has a limited amount of dark magic at its disposal. There may only be a total of 5 Biter Zombies and 5 Wretched Zombies in play at any one time.
If any card, Location, or Night Phase event would cause a 6th of these zombies to spawn, instead spawn the weaker Shambler in its place by placing a Shambler standee.

2) The cubes should not be placed on a protected cathedral.

I am sorry for this confusion. We will work to get this corrected and get the errata out there. I am glad you are enjoying the game so far!

-Gil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL KEMPNICH
msg tools
Thank you for the updates, this will be a huge help when we replay the scenario. And thanks for putting out such an awesome game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.