Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I utilize game boards from "throw-away" games [which I get from various sources on the super cheap] for building a lot of my customs and PNP projects...as I'm sure many others around here do as well (If you don't, I hope this thread will inspire you to do so!). Here is an example of building high quality custom ship cards for Firefly: The Game. There are many MANY custom ship cards available in the variants forum for Firefly, produced by the many talented and generous users of the community.
Building High Quality Custom Ship Cards at Home--a pictorial tutorial

Share something you've re-purposed a game board for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
I re-purpose game boards all the time.
If a PnP game is the same size I often will print it out and stick it down on the old game board to create a folding board from it.

I also use game board as chits for games as they have a good thickness to them that makes picking up smaller chits with ease once created, stuck down, and then cut out.

Many PnP games a smaller then most game boards I thrift so I can always glue them down and then cut to fit and create a folding board for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some time ago I had a bright moment and thought 'All these game boards I own have a back side that's just sitting there'. I wonder, does anyone go for the 2-for-1 approach?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hojoh wrote:
Some time ago I had a bright moment and thought 'All these game boards I own have a back side that's just sitting there'. I wonder, does anyone go for the 2-for-1 approach?

Onitama on the back of my Ninja versus Ninja board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Random Order wrote:
hojoh wrote:

Onitama on the back of my Ninja versus Ninja board.

I have thought about how transgressive it would be to take a "real" game and its components and turn them into art.

I do love double sided boards though. Just thought I would share that. I know some people will disagree but I bet some will agree! Charterstone - yay!

Throwing this out, I have all the flat pieces for Axis and Allies Pacific. Can't throw them out. Feels so wrong. Even to recycle bin. I need to get around to posting them on the appropriate forum. But if anyone wants LMK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Noronha
Portugal
flag msg tools
Wow!! That is such a great idea and looks so amazing. Great job. May I ask if you still have the movement cards file? (I believe there are 16 without expansion) I own ninja versus ninja, and love Onitama. But never thought of giving the board an additional use. Thank you so much in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rubzn852 wrote:
Wow!! That is such a great idea and looks so amazing. Great job. May I ask if you still have the movement cards file? (I believe there are 16 without expansion) I own ninja versus ninja, and love Onitama. But never thought of giving the board an additional use. Thank you so much in advance

Sorry, I don’t think I still have those files, but as I remember, they were not difficult to find in the file section of the Onitama game page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s jacksin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i made a set 8 of wiz-war map tiles from two 3-fold 4-square panel game boards, printed out on full-sheet sticker paper and trimmed it down to 8"square

will be using some more boards to make a set of tokaido panorama cards/panels since i want them bigger and chunkier than just some more proxy magic cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always wanted to take boards or box lids and incorporate them into chair seats. I thought about the table top, but that would be too distracting unless you built them into a gaming table vault cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.