10 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Let's Plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bergman

Ohio
msg tools
Ok people... We need to have some let's plays in English. I searched youtube, and beyond the ones that the guys did with Beats of War there aren't any that I could find that were in English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stever

New Jersey
msg tools
Agreed lol. I'm surprised that none of the bigger game reviewers have done even a review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't seem that Mythic/Monolith sent them advance copies of finished product. But why would they if the game is not going to retail? It's hard to tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I will be doing a rules video once I get my copy. It's not a Let's Play but it should be good for people who want to learn how to play.

I might have to wait for an official FAQ though if there are important unanswered questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
I'd love to see people post videos of their play. It could be a good review of its own.

Ideally the rules could be in a seperate video so the actual game could be just gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Indiveri
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that this game is not going to retail is actually a real downer.

My local game stores don't even want it played in their gaming areas, because people come by and say 'that's a cool game, can I buy it here?' and since they can't, why should the game store support it in any way?

And, why should any non-Mythic Youtubers support it in any way?

Kickstarter only implies the game is sort of a dead-end right out of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfc1005 wrote:
It doesn't seem that Mythic/Monolith sent them advance copies of finished product. But why would they if the game is not going to retail? It's hard to tell.

I would agree with this. I know with Conan, they sent Tom at the Dice Tower the full kings pledge with Exclusives; the game got praised and Tom put it in his best of the year but it still tanked in retail so I don't think they care about getting the game reviewed unless they plan a KS second printing which I think would be a big success for them if they did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Markind wrote:

My local game stores don't even want it played in their gaming areas, because people come by and say 'that's a cool game, can I buy it here?' and since they can't, why should the game store support it in any way?

Dead to all, but the ones that bought it. Although there are a couple of rare examples of much acclaimed KS only games that have a following and re-prints despite being periodic KS releases only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfc1005 wrote:
Markind wrote:

Dead to all, but the ones that bought it. Although there are a couple of rare examples of much acclaimed KS only games that have a following and re-prints despite being periodic KS releases only.

Gloom Haven, 7th Continent are recent examples and to a lesser extent; Conan but I think Conan was just remaining stock from the original print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JaspeLoedm wrote:
Gloom Haven, 7th Continent are recent examples and to a lesser extent; Conan but I think Conan was just remaining stock from the original print run.

Isn't Gloom Haven seeing limited retail release?

"we have printed 70,000 copies, and about half of those are going into retail." ~ Isaac Childres

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.