Subject: I'm a little grumpy about Asmodee/FFG. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Is anyone else experiencing issues with trying to get specific FFG games since Asmodee took over as their distributor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might want to be more specific about which games you're trying to get. Personally, I haven't had issues trying to get FFG games. However, they're not something I generally purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Krause
United States
GRAND RAPIDS
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really with FFG, unless you're referring to the Warhammer stuff, which probably won't be seeing a return. Not with that license anyway.

ZMan, on the other hand, has been a total mess since the acquisition. Titles that were expecting reprints show up 8 months late (Stone Age) thing that you would think they would reprint, aren't being reprinted. There has been little to no communication from the company since said take over. I'm not saying people over there aren't working, they clearly are. I just wish Asmodee would merge the brand into FFG so they can use their marketing team to communicate effectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
bbhalla wrote:
I think you might want to be more specific about which games you're trying to get. Personally, I haven't had issues trying to get FFG games. However, they're not something I generally purchase.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/7/legacy-o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ygor
Romania
Transylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mike1977 wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing issues with trying to get specific FFG games since Asmodee took over as their distributor?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Apex
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not had issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
bbhalla wrote:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/7/legacy-o...

That was available a little while ago from Great Board Games but I see it is out of stock now.

Haven't really noticed any issues with FFG specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameBliss has a preorder for it.

https://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/legacy-of-dragonholt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems as though just about everything FFG publishes goes out of stock within a couple of weeks, so it can be frustrating trying to get things if you don't follow their games 24/7. I just heard about this last week, and managed to snag 2 copies direct from FFG...one for me, and one as a Christmas present. Expensive, and shipping wasn't free, but my only option at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
bbhalla wrote:

Yeah saw that, but its already been released. I assume back order now.

madDdog67 wrote:
It seems as though just about everything FFG publishes goes out of stock within a couple of weeks, so it can be frustrating trying to get things if you don't follow their games 24/7. I just heard about this last week, and managed to snag 2 copies direct from FFG...one for me, and one as a Christmas present. Expensive, and shipping wasn't free, but my only option at that point.

I mean I can order the game from the states, but with shipping it will cost me x2/x3 what it should cost me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.