Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we had this problem duiring out last game: could Medusa consider herself as being in the same area as a FULL area next to her for the purpose of using her petrifying power.

I know the rules imply that only attacks are considered to be range 0 in this case and Medusa's power is not an attack (lightning symbol) BUT it seems to me that due to the fact that some map (Tartarus for example) contain a lot of areas that can easilly be saturated, it makes a lot of area powers very easy to avoid and for a reason that is not vey thematic (considering that once an area is saturated all units are considered CLOSE To the surrounding areas, why would they NOT see the petrifying stare of Meduse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pdf page 7 says lightning symbol is a special attack, so you are good to stare into a full space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guest guest
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Major Mishap wrote:
Pdf page 7 says lightning symbol is a special attack, so you are good to stare into a full space.

Pretty sure it has a hand symbol though I can't check right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn King
United Kingdom
Ivybridge
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Well we had this problem duiring out last game: could Medusa consider herself as being in the same area as a FULL area next to her for the purpose of using her petrifying power.

I know the rules imply that only attacks are considered to be range 0 in this case and Medusa's power is not an attack (lightning symbol) BUT it seems to me that due to the fact that some map (Tartarus for example) contain a lot of areas that can easilly be saturated, it makes a lot of area powers very easy to avoid and for a reason that is not vey thematic (considering that once an area is saturated all units are considered CLOSE To the surrounding areas, why would they NOT see the petrifying stare of Meduse

Petrify must be conducted in Medusa's area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn King
United Kingdom
Ivybridge
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guest wrote:
Major Mishap wrote:

Pretty sure it has a hand symbol though I can't check right now.

Correct, Petrify is a hand symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martynking3 wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

The full area that Medusa can't physically enter should still not stop her from attacking as if she was in the target area. Per page 17 of rules "adjacent attacker may choose whether they want to attack it from the area they are in (requiring range 1), or as if they were in the target’s own area (range 0)."

Edited: although medusa can indeed attack as stated above, Petrify is not an attack, so it is not applicable to the Petrify Power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn King
United Kingdom
Ivybridge
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfc1005 wrote:
Martynking3 wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

The full area that Medusa can't physically enter should still not stop her from attacking as if she was in the target area. Per page 17 of rules "adjacent attacker may choose whether they want to attack it from the area they are in (requiring range 1), or as if they were in the target’s own area (range 0)."

This applies to attacks only not powers which is what Petrify is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are absolutely correct. I guess it only counts on powers with the word attack in it and powers with the Lightning bolt symbol.

Thank you for the correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.