Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just received my large map only to pull it out of the shipping carton to find four very sharp creases in the vinyl material. It looks like that the person who packed the mat did it in such a way that an end of the rolled mat - about 6" in length - ended up becoming severely creased. And of course since the map was rolled up at the time it was creased, then the same crease exists in several portions of the map at equal intervals when unrolled.

Has anyone else found this to be the case with their map?

If so, have you tried fixing it? I wonder if a little heat applied to the vinyl will remove the creases?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Good
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Barry, I had the same problem in the top left corner so that the damaged Germans box was crumpled.

All I did was roll the mat the other way i.e. against the direction of the creases and then put a couple of large elastic bands around it and left it for a week; the creases pretty much ironed themselves out in that time but also leaving the whole thing flat on the dining room table after the week was up helped flatten it too. Admittedly I do still have some discolouration where the creases were but it's no biggy.

Whatever you do, don't iron it!!!!

Pip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
rosepip wrote:
Hi Barry, I had the same problem in the top left corner so that the damaged Germans box was crumpled.

All I did was roll the mat the other way i.e. against the direction of the creases and then put a couple of large elastic bands around it and left it for a week; the creases pretty much ironed themselves out in that time but also leaving the whole thing flat on the dining room table after the week was up helped flatten it too. Admittedly I do still have some discolouration where the creases were but it's no biggy.

Whatever you do, don't iron it!!!!

Pip

You could use a hot air dryer to heat it up and work the crease out though.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, Phillip... I'll give that a shot!

Ski, is the hair dryer what worked for you specifically? Or if it's simply another possible solution, then I'll give that a try also!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Thanks, Phillip... I'll give that a shot!

Ski, is the hair dryer what worked for you specifically? Or if it's simply another possible solution, then I'll give that a try also!

Just a suggestion. Mine was fine when I got it.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.