Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Biblios» Forums » Variants

Subject: Biblios - cards into tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konrad Tee
Germany
Erfurt
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
After my first few play of Biblios two things came to my mind:
1. I love this game - good tension with a "gran finale" at the end!
2. Holding cards the whole time is not very convenient.

The cards should be tiles like Rummy, standing in a little rack. I used tiles from Travel Qwirkle to create my Biblios:

after putting the graphics together with Gimp, everything printed on label paper, then cutting in 87 little pieces/stickers

now its time to do the same thing again and again, the important tool here is a little tweezer - after that, the tiles needs a finish with clear coat

after the tiles dry out a first look and a first play:

no grey dice here but everthing fits in a deck-box whistle - take a look at my geeklist: It fits in a Deck-Box! Lets make them portable!


conclusion:
- the game is now fast and elegant
- the tiles standing
- hands free for drinking beer
- I put little stars in the corner from the best tiles, no more confusion about the 2s
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darKOR wrote:
After my first few play of Biblios two things came to my mind:
1. I love this game - good tension with a "gran finale" at the end!
2. Holding cards the whole time is not very convenient.

The cards should be tiles like Rummy, standing in a little rack. I used tiles from Travel Qwirkle to create my Biblios:

after putting the graphics together with Gimp, everything printed on label paper, then cutting in 87 little pieces/stickers

now its time to do the same thing again and again, the important tool here is a little tweezer - after that, the tiles needs a finish with clear coat

after the tiles dry out a first look and a first play:

no grey dice here but everthing fits in a deck-box whistle - take a look at my geeklist: It fits in a Deck-Box! Lets make them portable!


conclusion:
- the game is now fast and elegant
- the tiles standing
- hands free for drinking beer
- I put little stars in the corner from the best tiles, no more confusion about the 2s


Nice. Isn't it difficult when you have the full hand of 18 or so tiles? Perhaps Iello might be interested in making a tile version. I'll let them know about your thread, if they don't know already.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thebrewgeek
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool project but for me I like cards better than tiles. I like the fact the box is small and the cards are easy to flip over. I'm not of fan having tiles in a bag and the qwirkle tiles are too small.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
I like it, big fan of the game.

Do you pull the tiles from a bag? Where do the ones go for the auction, to another bag?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Tee
Germany
Erfurt
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Quote:
Isn't it difficult when you have the full hand of 18 or so tiles?

everything stands right in front of you, only you can look at them, no difficulty here

Quote:
Do you pull the tiles from a bag? Where do the ones go for the auction, to another bag?


- no bag necessary
- all tiles lay face down and shuffled in the center of the table = the pool
- you pick randomly 3/4/5 tiles in a 2/3/4-player game from the pool and look at them one by one
- for the auction the stones come face down aside
- houserule in my games: all open tiles in the allocation phase stay open in front of the players until the auction phase begins
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.