ROME, INC.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At my first glance, it seems a good solitaire boardgame ...i started to read rules and i have some questions :
in PAC - losses chart is written: "The player takes Losses from units (except Walls) used to fight a War or Civil War. For each Loss do one of the following, with a maximum of two of each type of Loss for each War or Civil War 3d6, except when destroying Legions in a Disaster"
and there are 5 different type of losses (Demote, Destroy, Disgrace, Revolt, Tribute)...when i suffer some losses (by red dice), which kind of loss (of the five) have i to suffer for unit?...in addition, if i have more than 1 unit in a War, how have i to split losses among them?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
falagar wrote:
At my first glance, it seems a good solitaire boardgame :)...i started to read rules and i have some questions :
in PAC - losses chart is written: "The player takes Losses from units (except Walls) used to fight a War or Civil War. For each Loss do one of the following, with a maximum of two of each type of Loss for each War or Civil War 3d6, except when destroying Legions in a Disaster"
and there are 5 different type of losses (Demote, Destroy, Disgrace, Revolt, Tribute)...when i suffer some losses (by red dice), which kind of loss (of the five) have i to suffer for unit?...in addition, if i have more than 1 unit in a War, how have i to split losses among them?

Thank you:)

The player chooses which of the units used to fight the War or Civil War takes the loss, and what kind of loss they take. Note that Walls do not take losses, and Legions must be destroyed in a Disaster.

For example you have two Veteran Legions, one other Legion and one Fleet in a Roman Province, and need to take five losses, you could take one of each type; Demote a veteran, Destroy the fleet (destroyed Legions cannot be rebuilt, so that is to be avoided), Disgrace by increasing unrest by +1, Revolt by downgrading their province from Roman to Insurgent, and Tribute by paying 10 Gold from the Treasury.

Paying Tribute is the best option, if you can afford it, but you cannot take more than two losses of the same kind, so even if you paid 20 Gold for two losses, you will need to take three losses from the others. Unrest is another good option if it is not too high, and if you win the war you will reduce unrest back again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! so i can choose which kind of losses to suffer and to which units, can't i? ...i can not wait to play with it...it seems to have a very good historical coherence and event-flow thumbsup...i have to print all the counters and the several maps components...do you suggest me to print them as the their original PDF size or greater?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
falagar wrote:
Thank you!:) so i can choose which kind of losses to suffer and to which units, can't i? ...i can not wait to play with it...it seems to have a very good historical coherence and event-flow :thumbsup:...i have to print all the counters and the several maps components...do you suggest me to print them as the their original PDF size or greater?

Yes you choose. Original size should be ample, no need to increase size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.