Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement Box Lid? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know where I might secure a replacement box lid - mine is falling apart?

The lid's a tight fit on the base meaning there's not much clearance for escaping air. The orignal damage happened when I pushed the lid down hard, the resulting air pressure split one of the corner edges where a looser lid may just have resulted in a box-fart. (The same thing happened earlier to my Dogs of War box which is the same type of CMON box - guess I should have learned my lesson blush).

I have the Broken Token wooden organiser in there to protect my painted minis, which adds weight to the box contents which has slowly caused the tear to spread along other edges.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not sure how you would economically replace just the lid.

Maybe you can repair it?

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same thing happen to mine on the second or third time that I opened the box. Along with all of the factors you mention, it seems to be an especially weak box lid.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Why would you push the lid down hard?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LateShacka wrote:
Why would you push the lid down hard?


He didn't let settle his mad berserk rage before packing it up. Let that be a lesson to you Jim "The Berserk" Marshall.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Mike B Canada wrote:
LateShacka wrote:
Why would you push the lid down hard?


He didn't let settle his mad berserk rage before packing it up. Let that be a lesson to you Jim "The Berserk" Marshall.


SO you’re saying he was in a... Blood Rage? 😎
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

You might try CMON.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had contacted CMON about purchasing a replacement box and they told me if I want a replacement box that I would have to buy the game from them again...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jaguitar7 wrote:
I had contacted CMON about purchasing a replacement box and they told me if I want a replacement box that I would have to buy the game from them again...


Nice of them to point that out....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Tang
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to ask a silly question. Do other companies have replacement policy when it's not a mfg defect? It does not seem like a good practice to keep stock of each individual pieces, just in case someone messed up the piece in their game. I know the gamer community would want it, but ultimately it's a selfish desire, no? I wouldn't expect a business to want to do this due to extra cost to maintain inventory. I only have games from 3 publishers, and so I don't know if this is a common practice for game companies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kal91a wrote:
I want to ask a silly question. Do other companies have replacement policy when it's not a mfg defect? It does not seem like a good practice to keep stock of each individual pieces, just in case someone messed up the piece in their game. I know the gamer community would want it, but ultimately it's a selfish desire, no? I wouldn't expect a business to want to do this due to extra cost to maintain inventory. I only have games from 3 publishers, and so I don't know if this is a common practice for game companies.


I have experience of many companies holding game pieces to cover packing issues, manufacturing defects etc.

Not saying they have to hold stock of game boxes, but two of the three CMON big-box games I have had the lids split, and the third is Rising Sun which was delivered today!

I have old Avalon Hill games from the eighties with boxes in better condition then my CMON big boxes, which seem to have close-fitting lids that split easily. Through careful cutting I've left the shrink on the Rising Sun lid to hopefully give it a little more protection.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Tang
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply to satisfy my curiosity, Jim. And I'm so jealous you already got your Rising Sun!

I always leave the shrink wrap on my boxes too. I cut the bottom diagonally (to form a big X) then tape the excess into the box. I don't do it for box split protection though, it's more like minor protection for a few drops of water and small spill.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.