Subject: No planes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marabu Marabu
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I am just wondering about planes. I like the game, but have to say I am missing planes and generally airstrikes a lot. I have seen there are chits for planes in Storm of Steel and Price of Honour. Why not in AtB? Blitzkrieg without Stukas is no Blitzkrieg. Air support was crucial for this period. And it suits salso for the game scale. At least it could be added as an action card, similary to artilery. Do you have the same feeling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Granby
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It was posted in one of these forums that planes as chits are being removed. Plane strikes will be built into the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rawlings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is a squad level game so aircraft wouldn't make too much sense.

Blitzkrieg used aircraft to hit hard points, having planes in AtB would be more like CAS, which wasn't really there until the later years of the war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sawhead
Scotland
flag msg tools
I think Aircraft may unbalance the game too much, its supposed to be a Squad level combat game after all.
Having said that there is a good video of an Air attack in Storms of Steel on youtube. I would preffer this than more card based mechanics in the game. Certainly I feel Air support should be restricted in this game and not become a Firefight decider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working daily on the SoS rules and will post them soon for review, thoughts, and advice.
I am still conflicted on how to portray air support for Kursk. On a platoon and company level, it had some effect, but not as much as mines, ATGs, MG nests, etc. Air attacks were a bit more random and often took place before or after enemy contact. We do not find any instances where a company called in air support to counter an enemy target. Artillery - yes. Air support - not that we can find.

Does anyone have any information on air attacks being prevalent or participating in an engaged battle? Please let me know.

I really look forward to hearing what you think about the new very streamlined rules system.
Happy Holidays,
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
I am working daily on the SoS rules and will post them soon for review, thoughts, and advice.
I am still conflicted on how to portray air support for Kursk. On a platoon and company level, it had some effect, but not as much as mines, ATGs, MG nests, etc. Air attacks were a bit more random and often took place before or after enemy contact. We do not find any instances where a company called in air support to counter an enemy target. Artillery - yes. Air support - not that we can find.

Does anyone have any information on air attacks being prevalent or participating in an engaged battle? Please let me know.

I really look forward to hearing what you think about the new very streamlined rules system.
Happy Holidays,
Uwe

Calling in air support from Cie HQ's simply did not exist in WW2.

Even in Korea it did not happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.