Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Nagakute scenario: Tokugawa off-map clans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good morning,

what happens if one of the Ikeda clan unit occupy the hex through which the Tokugawa off-map clans (A,B,C) need to enter from turn 3 on?

It seems that unless this hex (T3 with arrows) is free from enemy units none of the Tokugawa clan can enter as per rule 6.8 on stacking limits. (let's suppose that a clan activation chit has been drawn).

It would seem a little gamey to prevent this reinforcement entry by blocking just one hex.

am I correct? (still learning the game)

thanks

Raimondo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. Ikeda shouldn't be given any advantage with this move.

If this happen, allow the Tokugawa player to enter by any hex North/West (from memory, I don't have the map here) from the entry. I should have written something like in 19.6.2 but the situation never occur during the tests.

Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Francois many thanks for your reply.
I was thinking of introducing an home rule: not allowing Ikeda's clans to move within 3 hexes from the entry hex just to make this hole not exploitable by one of my friends who is very good at spotting holes in rules but your solution is definitely better than mine.

By the way in 19.6.2 there is written something like you said but the optional rule is referred to the Yamazaki scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raimarino wrote:
By the way in 19.6.2 there is written something like you said but the optional rule is referred to the Yamazaki scenario.

Yes. I meant that I should have written the same thing for Nagakute (your case).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.